Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Bonds used massive amounts of steroids

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Ask yourself this: Is there proof that Barry Bonds broke any rules?
    Ask yourself this: Do you want someone who broke U.S. laws to get where he is today holding the most prestigious record in all of baseball, and getting into the Hall of Fame?
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    I don't give enough of a shit either way to go into conniptions about it.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nice cop-out.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    But they have documents that are about as close to "proof" as you're going to get without Bonds testing positive. They have hour-by-hour, day-by-day, detailed logs of what Bonds took, how he took it, etc. Federal agents got a hold of these documents when they raided the BALCO labs, they left with precise details of what Bonds took, folders and calendars that chronicled everything from schedules and quantities to his testosterone levels. They've also got court documents, affidavits filed by BALCO investigators, documents written by federal agents, grand jury testimony, audio recordings and interviews with more than 200 people. 200 people!!!
    These are the same guys who have been after Bonds since the BALCO raid. They have been taking these "leaked" documents and going with them since day one. The federal government had all this information and did nothing with it? I find that hard to believe and since Bonds got no impunity for testifying, I can't believe it. As far as the audio recordings of Greg Anderson, Anderson has denied ever talking on tape and his friends say that is not him speaking. And using Bonds mistress as your main witness doesn't help either. They really haven't come out with anything new but will be an interesting read.

The stats will also stay exactly where they belong. There is no way they can go back and change the past. Selig, Fehr, the owners, the fans and the media all let this happen and now we are stuck with it.

MLB ERA
    You're saying this is everyone but Bonds's fault?
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    This matter is all contemporary. Although it's unfair, Bonds shed his integrity, but never broke the rules. That's why he deserves the record and deserves to be HOF. Untill he does steroids while this plan is intact, there is nothing to get him for. It's like instituting a law against writing with green pens, then everyone wants to prosecute someone who wrote with a green pen before the law was ever in place. He has yet to be caught for breaking the rules yet. Do we all know he did it? Yes. But unfortunately, if we keep him out of the Hall and cut down his stats, don't we have to do it for every player from 1985-2005? Because everyone can benefit from steroids. So untill we know everyone, how can we condemn one guy?

MLB ERA
    For all the *****ing and moaning, there is nothing that MLB can legally do.

Suck it up.

MLB ERA
    Way to eloquently state my point, Saber.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    People want the homerun record to belong to a "clean player."

Who exactly is "clean"? Who can you fully say "Hey, this guy was a clean player"? No one in history? Oh, okay.

I'm not going to defend Barry for basically sucking down cans of Popeye's special spinach 8 times a day, but to want to rip away all the stats or whatever from him is pretty ridiculous, when people in the past have done things just as bad, but the MLB looked away. Amphetamines, for example.
    Unless Ruth's overuse of Beer, Women, and Hot Dogs are shown to actually being performance enhancing, his cleanliness does not tarnish the on the field accomplishments

Shoeless Joe was never PROVEN to have done anything either. And what he was accused of was not against the baseball rules OR the law for that matter... yet he was banned from baseball... Good enough for old Shoeless Joe, good enough for Barroids

All I can say to Barry is (If I had my way)... "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The single-season ERA record is held by Tim Keefe, who had an 0.86 ERA in 1880 ... but that was in the dead-ball era. Maybe a few years from now (few decades?), people will disregard Barry's HR record the same way they disregard Keefe's 0.86 ERA in favor of Bob Gibson's 1.12 ERA as the true mark. Who knows, who knew?

MLB ERA
    Actually, Joe Jackson was foung complicit in the fixing of the World Series, an offense equal to gambling itself. As the RULES state, gamble on baseball, out for a year. Gamble on your own team, out for life.

Find a corresponding rule applicable to steroid use.

MLB ERA
    Actually, since your all so hot on this Shoeless Joe issue, he was found non-guilty by an actual court of law, but banned from baseball. Bonds will soon be found guilty of perjury, or should be, yet I doubt he'll be banned from baseball. True it's unjust, but Bud Selig is an idiot.

Giants Barry Rules!!!!

Lies. A buncha lies.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Actually, Joe Jackson was foung complicit in the fixing of the World Series, an offense equal to gambling itself. As the RULES state, gamble on baseball, out for a year. Gamble on your own team, out for life.

Find a corresponding rule applicable to steroid use.
    From what I have researched.. that was not in the rulebook at that time, tough it is now (and was made so after the hearings/trial for that incident, I believe). Much like steroids were not in the rulebook when Barroids started juicing, but it is now
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jim Rome brought up a good point on his radio show the other day.

He said if it isnt true, i would sue everyone that had to do with that book. All Barry said was no comment. If that was a book that was going to ruin my life, and defamed my character. I'd be like see you all in court.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast