Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ken Williams on the Big Hurt: "He's an idiot and a whiner. See you later, alligator!"

AA ERA
    Well, The White Sox allowed Frank Thomas to throw out the first pitch during a playoff game and then during their World Series celebration parade allowed him to give out a speach... Thomas has complained in the later years of his career for the Sox, so I think once he left he should have shut it up... he's the one that opened his mouth so Williams retaliated, although I strongly disagree with some of the things he said and the way he went about doing it.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    "I won't put my nose in something above me," Guillen said. "He never mentioned my name and if you don't mention my name, I try to stay away from every part of the conversation."
    But he had no problem witht aking shots at A-Rod and Nomar,what an ass.

And as for this,Williams should act like a GM.This is not acting like a GM.Frank Thomas got what he wanted,which was to make Williams and the White Sox orginazation look like a bunch of unprofessional assholes (which they are).If they woulda just let Frank talk his shit and not responded,then he'd just look like an asshole,but instead Williams had to respond.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=oak

On Monday morning at Papago Park, Thomas told reporters that he'd spoken with Williams on Sunday night and considered the matter closed.

Thomas, who characterized his talk with Williams as lengthy and heated, refused to directly respond to some of Williams' harsher comments, which included calling Thomas "an idiot" and "selfish."

"Idiot? Selfish?" Thomas said. "There's nothing there worth a response. ... It's childish. It's time to move on. It's all a bunch of noise to me. ... As far as love lost, there was not much love there, anyway."

Williams also said that White Sox players, coaches and staff won't miss Thomas' "attitude" or "whining," adding, "Good riddance. See ya. ... He's the Oakland A's problem now."

A's manager Ken Macha said that he thought the war of words between Thomas and Williams was "funny" and noted, "[Jay] Payton was a problem with the Red Sox last year." Traded to the A's at midseason after complaining about a lack of playing time in Boston last season, Payton was a model citizen with Oakland.

Added Macha, "[It] looks like we've got a rivalry going [with Chicago now]."
    Macha makes a good point (he's been known to once in a while). Payton has not been a problem since being in Oakland. I don't expect Thomas to be and I think Bradley will do well, too. He may have a problem or two, but I don't expect anything major from him.

Oh, and the A's owned the White Sox last year going 7 - 2...they were lucky to not have to play the A's in the playoffs.

To be fair to Jay, he only caused problems to make sure he got traded. It was low, but I'm okay with him doing it as he justified being a starter in Oakland. Well, not the way he went about it, but he at least had a good career reason.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Oh, and the A's owned the White Sox last year going 7 - 2...they were lucky to not have to play the A's in the playoffs.
    The A's didn't make the playoffs, though. Maybe if they had, they'd've won their first playoff series under the great Billy Beane, but maybe if Cubs fans weren't stupid enough to give the Cubs organization basically the same amount of money in a 60 win season as they do in a 90 win season, maybe they wouldn't be on a nearly century long losing streak. The problem with both of those ideas is that they didn't happen.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    we shall see this year my friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12