Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonds to retire after 2006 season

Now Bonds is saying he feels like he could play 5 more years as long as his health permits him to.

Too bad, I almost thought we got rid of this cancer.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Now Bonds is saying he feels like he could play 5 more years as long as his health permits him to.

That health permits part is a biggie though. I seriously believe he will be lucky to get through 1 more season.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    That health permits part is a biggie though. I seriously believe he will be lucky to get through 1 more season.

Of course, I just wish he would retire now. Nobody wants to see him keep playing baseball and breaking any type of record.

If he leaves now, he'll be forgotten about by the season's start

MLB ERA
    Cry all you want, but he's still the second best left fielder ever.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds being forgotten is just hilarious. Plenty of people still want to see Bonds play even if you don't.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    I can see Bonds going to the AL to DH to extend his career if he can't play left field anymore.His ego won't let him retire short of Aaron's record.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Bonds being forgotten is just hilarious. Plenty of people still want to see Bonds play even if you don't.
    To tell you the truth, until this retire thing, I surely forgot about him.

Rookie ERA
    To tell you the truth, until this retire thing, I surely forgot about him.
    same here...I just think Bonds wanted back in the spotlight I mean he has been out of it for a while, but retire I think not he will play in 2007 just not in San Fran he wants the record broken even if he says he does not want to break it

MLB ERA
    The Barroids Bonds circus has begun. Oh joy. This is one of the drawbacks of living in the bay area (other than the paranoid paste eating politics) and the local news is already sporting wood every time this clown says anything. What an overgrown, insecure little child.

Just go away Barry.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Its just not the local news, it's all news. Bonds never wants the spotlight if you have ever cared to follow his career. That's why Bonds has no relationship with the media. Until the media figures out that Bonds is just ****ing with them, the Bonds circus will continue. I can totally see Bonds quitting after this year since his contract is up and Ruth will be long gone.

Go away Pedro Gomez is what I say.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Cry all you want, but he's still the second best left fielder ever.
    Maybe offensively... but not the whole package.... I still have visions of him being unable to throw out the slowpoke Sid Bream from basically deep shortstop
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bonds is a butcher defensively.

I am just tired of the whole "The media hates me. They misquote me. Why can't they just leave me alone" crap. I know that Junior did it for a while, but he didn't purposely seek out the media and then rip them. Bonds just needs to go away. He will always be tainted.
    rf28

Giants Barry Bonds is a god!

Cancer? You'd love to have him on your team.

It's a matter of perspective my man. See I love Bonds cuz he's on my team and he's one of the greatest players to ever play this game. . I personally don't find much wrong with him except he gets too many intentional walks!

Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    Cancer? You'd love to have him on your team.
    Not hardly!!!!! If Bonds were to play for my Sox, I would root for him to get hit in the head and be out for the season in his first at bat. There are certain players that a person will always dislike. There are two Yankees fans at work, they both despise AROD. They are die hards, but they have disliked him since he came into the league, and they still dislike him. I despised Kevin Millar the whole time he was a Red Sox, and still despise him, he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. I don't care for David Wells either. I'm not especially fond of Keith Foulke either. I think you get my point. If a guy is a cancer, he's a cancer. Nomar Garciaparra was a cancer, the Red Sox had him for six years as a great player, and he was a clubhouse distraction the whole time. Getting rid of him was an addition by subtraction. Bonds is a distraction plain and simple, he's not a team player!!!!! How many World Series rings has he won? As a player, he'd be a welcome addition to any team, no doubt. Is he worth the excess baggage he brings? You decide, but I don't want him on my team.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    If Bonds came to the Indians (will never happen,though he'll come to the AL to DH so he can get Aaron's record) I would still hate him.He is all about himself,to hell with the team.

I also hated (and still do hate) Albert Belle his entire time with the Indians.He was a clubhouse cancer,was all about himself.The only releif I have found in our World Series loss to the Braves is that he didn't win a World Series.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast