Thread: Chris Carpenter

Chris Carpenter

Well, today kicked ass. Our little (550 or so) high school had an assembly today where alum Chris Carpenter (St. Louis) came back. They gave him 1k raised by the students, retired his number 6 that he wore at Trinity High School, placed his school and professional jerseys above the basketball court, and had a Q&A session to boot. Someone (a friend of mine, but clearly not a baseball fan) how it felt to be traded...Chris Carpenter had never been traded. His favorite teammates were Pat Hentgen (who knew), Matt Morris, and Paul Quantrill. Quite interesting. I even got a shot in at Clemens to boot. Got T-Shirts and Pennants, a lot of fun. Nice guy, his kid was running around the gym the whole time, cute kid.

Good time.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Sweet...
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    They gave him 1k raised by the students...
    Wait, so the school gave a professional athlete $1000? For what? To keep? Or to give to charity?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You are still in high school?

Rookie ERA
    that is awsome to have Carpenter come show he acctualy cares...Curtis Martin went to my school Allderdice in Pittsburgh but he hasn't stepped foot back in there since i've been there...the bus has came before thoguh but very cool Carpenter came

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Dude, he just said he got paid $1,000. I would come back home and get drunk with my high school friends and talk to a school hungover for a grand anyday.

Well, I suck at typing.

He was given 1k, to place in his charity, which I'm guessing is one of the main reasons he came. Of course, the school only seems to care when he wins a Cy Young, but whatever.

Yes, I'm still in high school.

And he's in New Hampshire, not just NH, but Raymond, New Hampshire. Nothing to do but get drunk up there it seems, not that I'd know. And he was actually a decent hockey player.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.