Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod touches young boy intentionally

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A-Rod touches young boy intentionally

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2037788

BOSTON -- Alex Rodriguez saved an 8-year-old boy from serious injury when he prevented the youngster from getting hit by a truck.

The New York Yankees star said Thursday he was standing in a crosswalk on Newbury Street near downtown Boston at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when he saw the boy starting to run across the street into the path of an onrushing truck.

Rodriguez reached out and grabbed the boy, pulling him back and preventing a serious accident.

"The kid was going to get run over. I just kind of put my arm out and stopped him," he said.

It turns out the boy, named Patrick McCarthy, was already a fan of A-Rod.

"This guy just put his hand in front of me and stopped me. ... He said 'Whoa, watch out, buddy,' " McCarthy said in a television interview Thursday. "I was like, 'Wow! Like I was shocked, because he's my favorite player on the Yankees."

Rodriguez said he also had to hurry to avoid being hit by the truck -- "I almost got it, too," he said -- which he estimated was traveling 40-50 mph when he saw the boy starting to run from the sidewalk.

He said McCarthy's mother saw what happened, but he didn't see the boy's father nearby.

"I did it and I just kept walking," Rodriguez said. "I don't even know if she knew who I was."

Tuesday was a day off in the middle of New York's three-game series against the Red Sox that ended Thursday night with Boston's 8-5 win.

Rodriguez said the boy would have been seriously injured or killed had he gotten past him.

"That was a train wreck waiting to happen," he said.

Rodriguez has often been booed at Fenway since he joined the Yankees last season. Teammate Derek Jeter didn't think Rodriguez's heroic act would make Red Sox fans like him any more.

"They didn't sound any different today," Jeter said.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Teammate Derek Jeter didn't think Rodriguez's heroic act would make Red Sox fans like him any more.
    That's because they're classy

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Title really threw me for a loop.

Rookie ERA
    Well you don't hear that everyday...
    http://www.tmfsl.biz/Photos/big2.jpg

Yankees=World Series Title

MLB ERA
    Haha, no joke. I thought was another Michael Jackson thing. Haha, but great job by A-rod!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston
    Haha, no joke. I thought was another Michael Jackson thing. Haha, but great job by A-rod!
    ditto

AA ERA
    Ironically, that young boy is a Yankees fan. Still regardless what fan he is, good job by him for saving that young man's life.

Update to story:

A-Rod was trying to grab the kid before he could enter the theater and watch "Fever Pitch"..."Noooooo" A-Rod was quoted as saying, "This movie sucks and was written about a soccer player, not a kiss-up to the Red Sox nation!"

But sadly, as A-Rod went to pull the kid he bobbled him and the kid fell into the street and was run over.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Update to story:

A-Rod was trying to grab the kid before he could enter the theater and watch "Fever Pitch"..."Noooooo" A-Rod was quoted as saying, "This movie sucks and was written about a soccer player, not a kiss-up to the Red Sox nation!"

But sadly, as A-Rod went to pull the kid he bobbled him and the kid fell into the street and was run over.
    Now that is hilarious and clever. Nicely done Taylor!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Way to go A-Rod!

NOW GET A FREAKING HIT YOU BUM
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Great job by ARod. Funny that it was even brought up if this would endure him with opponent's fans.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Rodriguez has often been booed at Fenway since he joined the Yankees last season. Teammate Derek Jeter didn't think Rodriguez's heroic act would make Red Sox fans like him any more.

"They didn't sound any different today," Jeter said.
    Why the hell would Sox fans feel any different? What relevence does it have to the game?
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Title really threw me for a loop.
    That's what I was going for

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    Way to go A-Rod!

NOW GET A FREAKING HIT YOU BUM
    I guess you are frustrated with his inability to hit in runners in scoring position, eh.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    Update to story:

Speaking of that movie, I am so tired of the promos of that movie everytime I watch a Twins telecast. I hope that movie fizzles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast