Thread: Why are critics making a big deal about Lowe and Roberts attending Boston's ceremony

AA ERA

Why are critics making a big deal about Lowe and Roberts attending Boston's ceremony

Red Sox were hanging out rings and unveiling the banner for winning the World Series last year in the home opener Monday afternoon against their nemesis, the New York Yankees. Red Sox invited several players ,who are not with the team anymore, to the ceremony for being a huge part to the team's success. Dave Roberts and Derek Lowe was in the ceremony as they got their ring and they wore a Red Sox jersey under their civic clothes. Ramiro Mendoza also wore a Sox jersey even though he is currently playing for the Yankees. Unfortunately, couple of losers from ESPN in John Kruk and whiner Harold Reynolds made a stink about it and Mike Greenberg was furious on ESPN Radio as they ripped Roberts and Lowe for going to the ceremony while being employed by a different team.

I can't believe people are making a stink about it and why is it a controversial issue. My god! Is it a slow newsday for those guys to make a stink about it. Geez. I think it was a great thing. Props for those two guys for even coming. They did not have to be there. Props to their two new teams for letting them come to Boston's ceremony on the team's offday. There was nothing wrong with that. In fact, it was great. It was good gesture by the Red Sox for doing that. I did not think it was a big deal. Now it's a different story if Orlando Cabera and Pedro Martinez had to skip their games to come to Boston's ceremony since their teams were playing the same day the Red Sox had the home opener.

I am glad fans are not making a big deal. Too bad the ESPN guys wanted something to whine about on a good ceremony.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I couldn't belive they made a big deal about that. Absolutely ridiculous. The Dodgers and Paders didn't even care, from what I heard.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    some are making a big deal about it on the Padres UT board, even before the media started up. I don't get it either. Let the man celebrate his championship
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Like Derek Lowe doesn't have loads of Red Sox stuff in his den. I never heard those guys mention anything when Kobe Bryant wore jerseys of other teams. I thought it was great that Lowe and Roberts were able to attend and got the ovation they deserved. Especially Lowe who had spent years in a Red Sox uniform and was a vital part of their playoff success. They were celebrating something important to that franchise and their fans, let it go.

The ESPN people just want to create a big controversy. I see nothing wrong with that. They won the championship as the Red Sox, they should be able to celebrate as the Red Sox.

It's a celebration for the 2004 season, so I have no problem with former players coming back in Sox unis. IIRC, Ramiro Mendoza came back in a Sox uniform and he's a Yankee. I am shocked that half of America bought ESPN's shit.

AAA ERA
    dont think it was a big deal that they were there but they shoudlnt have put on the sox jerseys...they play for different teams now.

I loved it. I was glad to see a current Dodgers player not being loyal to a team that handed him out a big contract.

Somebody will always complain about something.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MerkinValdez37
    I loved it. I was glad to see a current Dodgers player not being loyal to a team that handed him out a big contract.
    How was he not being loyal? Was he pitching for the Red Sox that day? Was Roberts playing Centerfield?....I don't follow.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

None of us fans have issue so ESPN and other critics can shut up! If someone has a moral issue with wearing a RedSox uniform being employed by another team in 2005...they can make a conscious choice to not attend like Pedro did.

I am a Yankee fan and I have no issue with Mendoza wearing a RedSox jersey for 15 minutes before a scheduled game with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    It's a celebration for the 2004 season, so I have no problem with former players coming back in Sox unis. IIRC, Ramiro Mendoza came back in a Sox uniform and he's a Yankee. I am shocked that half of America bought ESPN's shit.