Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowest rated WS ever

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why does his son look like Iguchi?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    'Nuff said.

Caption this:

"I LIKE IT, I LOVE IT, I WANT SOME MORE OF IT!"

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I watched most of every game...the only World Series that I recently boycotted was the NY/NY World Series.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I thought it was a great post season. It had all the drama and more. Controversial calls, walk-off homers and great pitching performances. It is sad to see the WS ratings low but I think the media plays a huge part of it. Throughout the year, not much was said about these two good teams. Chicago was the best team in the AL but you would never know it by watching sports news. It is always Yankee/Red Sox. Chicago had its share of time in late September but it was still overdone by the Red Sox/Yanks rivalry. Yes I understand it is still kind of a big story but there is a lot more to baseball than those two teams. Maybe if the media gave equal share to all the good teams ratings could go up as the people would know who some of these people are.
    As far as the Series goes, I thought it was a good one. Each game was within reach and no greater difference than 2 runs a game. Great pitching and timely hitting is always fun to watch. Not to mention this franchise hadn't won a championship since 1917. Another great year in MLB.

MLB ERA
    Another great year?

MLB is losing fans as each year passes. I think they are in trouble, actually.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    How are they in trouble? Attendance was up on the most part so I don't see where you asre getting this.

MLB ERA
    From the title. The TV ratings are the lowest for WS it's ever been. Less and less people are watching each year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    yeah and i gave a good explaination why.

AAA ERA
    I agree with l_t_r. I think stadium attendance is a better barometer of fan interest in MLB. Just because the World Series rated low this year, doesnt mean MLB is losing fans. If the fans were spending less money on MLB, I would have no problem agreeing with ATLien. I think it has more to do with Fox (or whomever is responsible) not starting the games until 8:40pm in New York. People in NYC, Boston, Philly, DC/B-more, Miami are not watching the games because the games are on too damn late. Save Miami, these cities did great in stadium attendance all summer. I didn't watch the WS games much past the 4th inning, because I have a job to go to in the morning. My suggestion: Start the games at 7:05 and not a moment later. Start all of the pre-game garbage at 5pm or whatever. Trouble is, FOX likes to run their commercial heavy pre-game show in primetime rather than the game. Better make sure everyone knows where to watch football on Sunday, and don't forget about Visa Presents the Coors Light FOX NFL Sunday Pregame Brought to you by Ford Trucks!

Rookie ERA
    don't forget about Visa Presents the Coors Light FOX NFL Sunday Pregame Brought to you by Ford Trucks!
    That is so true, I try to watch Fox NFl sunday, and it seems everything is sponsered by some one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12