Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/25 8 PM EST White Sox @ Astros World Series Game 3

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

10/25 8 PM EST White Sox @ Astros World Series Game 3

White Sox lead the series 2 - 0.

Garland (1-0, 2.00 ERA) vs. Oswalt (3-0, 2.11 ERA)

MLB.com Preview

HOUSTON -- If you had to pick one game of the first three World Series games that the Houston Astros were most likely to win, you would pick the one that was going to be started by Roy Oswalt.
    This should be a particularly comforting thought for the Astros and their supporters because, after two straight losses to the Chicago White Sox, Game 3 on Tuesday night will be Oswalt's turn to pitch.

It is also the Astros' turn to be at home, which will be another comforting concept, in more ways than one. Including the postseason, the Astros are 57-29 at home this year. The fans will be friendlier here. The climate will be friendlier, whether or not the retractable roof at Minute Maid Park is closed.

"I don't care if the roof is opened or closed," Lance Berkman said. "As long as we can get out of this miserable weather, I don't care."

Perhaps the Chicago climate was "miserable" from the Texas perspective. From the Illinois perspective, it was about what you could expect at this time of the year, minus a degree here or there. There is no right or wrong here, just a team from a blue state playing a team from a red state.
    I found this part to be particulary humorous:

If you had to pick one game of the first three World Series games that the Houston Astros were most likely to win, you would pick the one that was going to be started by Roy Oswalt.
    1st it was Houston will win game 1 w/ the future Hall of Famer Clemens. Then it was Houston will win game 2 w/ Pettitte and all his post-season experience. And now it's Houston will win because Oswalt is pitching They just keep changing the story to fit their promotional needs...

MLB ERA
    My prediction:

Astros 5
    White Sox 3

MLB ERA
    I bet on the Astros tonight. Come on Roy, daddy has to feed the family.

Rookie ERA
    Yea I say
    Astros 5
    Sox 2

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's

White Sox lead the series 2 - 0.

Garland (1-0, 2.00 ERA) vs. Oswalt (3-0, 2.11 ERA)

MLB.com Preview

I found this part to be particulary humorous:

1st it was Houston will win game 1 w/ the future Hall of Famer Clemens. Then it was Houston will win game 2 w/ Pettitte and all his post-season experience. And now it's Houston will win because Oswalt is pitching They just keep changing the story to fit their promotional needs...
    maybe it has something to do with the fact clemens isnt the healthiest he has been (not to mention very old!) plus they are at home finally and that roy has been the hottest pitcher in the postseason?

nah, that couldnt have anything to do with it.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    no, it doesn't because before each game so far the media and such gave Houston the edge because of each starting pitcher and said Houston would win and so on. You don't have to tell me Clemens is injured and old because I already know that, but that didn't stop people from saying he'd win. That didn't stop people from saying Pettitte would win because of all his past success. And now they're saying Oswalt will win and if you picked one of the 3 games, it'd be him...well, then why did they pick each game before that, too? Yea, exactly

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i always thought oswalt was the ace in the hole for the series, especially when i saw the weather forecast for this past weekend. it was brutally cold here. I heard a lot of people saying that as well. Im sure a lot of people thought clemens could/should win, but a lot of people also thought that oswalt was the one that would win.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been watching alot of the playoffs with work and stuff, but man is it weird to see the White Sox and Astros as the World Series matchup...still.

My Prediction:

Astros 3
    White Sox 1.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I am with Wilton.
    Astros 3
    White Sox 1

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nice suit and tie there for Smoltz, and he even shaved his beard.

Rookie ERA
    How have the ratings been just out of curiosity

MLB ERA
    I think I read that the ratings for the first game were down 5-6% from last year. I've watched every game...the only World Series I've boycotted recently was the NY vs NY World Series

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Ratings are down because these teams were not given the media time and were pushed behind the NY/Boston "headlines". Astros are up 2-0 and I think it's hilariuos that McCarver just said, "The breaks are not going the White Sox way".

Rookie ERA
    Oh dear god, now the media isnt hyping the game enough. Think about that would Fox really want to have low ratings for a W.S.? No, so I think people just dont care.

MLB ERA
    Red Sox and Yankees fans are too busy crying and pouting to watch

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast