Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 8 PM EST White Sox @ Astros World Series Game 3

Rookie ERA
    Series is about over now as well

AAA ERA
    Game over at 2:30AM in New York? I can't be up that late, I went to sleep in the 6th inning. Its time to start these games at 7 on the dot.

Rookie ERA
    There was like a 50 mintue pre-game ceromony or someting, singing awards and shit, I guess that was also a factor in the lateness.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's not like anyone expected the game to go this long. It's an anomaly and probably won't happen ever again. The singing and ceremonies have their place since it's not every day that the World Series comes to town.

BTW, what the heck is Morgan Ensberg doing taking a homerun swing at a 2-2 pitch with the bases loaded and 2 out in a tie game in the 9th inning??? You don't need a HR to win it, Morgan. No shock that he struck out swinging like a damn fool.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Key player?

It's Geoff freaking Blum.

Go ahead winning home run in the World Series isn't key enough?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    By the way, it's technically "EDT" and not "EST" since we haven't changed times yet. Yes, I'm picky with these things.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    By the way, you'll get over it. If not, oh well.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash

BTW, what the heck is Morgan Ensberg doing taking a homerun swing at a 2-2 pitch with the bases loaded and 2 out in a tie game in the 9th inning??? You don't need a HR to win it, Morgan. No shock that he struck out swinging like a damn fool.
    The game should have been over with Taveras up with one out and runners on the corners. All he had to do was get a bunt down and the game was over.

Rookie ERA
    What a surprise no one maes a fuss out of a controversey that went agianst the Sox. replays showed Lanes HR wasnt a HR. Im going to hear it doesnt matter cause the Sox won, but I thought that doesnt matter, a blow call is a blown call.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    No one makes a fuss because no one made a fuss in the game. Rowand didn't make a fuss and neither did Guillen. Yes it was a blown call and maybe if someone would have protested the call it might have been overturned but no one did. A lot different than the other blown calls this post season.

Rookie ERA
    The missed call with Paul didnt score runs, it lead to a run scoring. You dont see White Sox fans *****ing because unlie the angels they didnt let that determine the outcome of the game. They came back and won, i just think it's funny that no one gives this much attention.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Missed call with Paul? Which one was that? Paul Konerko? White Sox fans aren't complaining because they have nothing to complain about. If that one homerun wound up being the determining factor, you bet your ass they would be complaining and it would be all over every sports show. That homerun came in the fifth inning with the White Sox coming back and taking a lead. They knew they had a lot of game left. If anyone on the field would have protested, it would have been a bigger deal but not even the CFer could tell it wasn't a homerun.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Missed call with Paul? Which one was that? Paul Konerko?
    Josh Paul Angels cathcer.

It was a close call, just like the Josh Paul play. My point is the White Sox didnt let something like the affect them they way the Angels did. Im belive calls may hurt you but players win or lose games.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well I agree but Paul's situation came in the bottom of the ninth and the ump punched him out. The homer last night came in the fifth with a lot of game left. The White Sox probably didn't know it wasn't a homer til after the game whereas the Angels knew he had caught the ball right then and there meaning that the White Sox had no reason to feel that they were cheated. They did what teams do and fight to get back in the game.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    it doesn't matter because the Astros are cooked...I'll be shocked if they win more than 1, maybe 2 games at this point. The White Sox are on fire in their last what, 16 games? 15 - 1 or something? White Hot!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast