Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10/19 8 PM EST Astros @ Cardinals NLCS Game 6

MLB ERA
    I'll be rooting for the Astros: NL team, Biggio, Bagwell.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    I'll be rooting for the White Sox just to tick off Marriotti and those annoying Cubs fans as its the "other" chicago team that brings home the championship.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oswalt has been so underrated when talking about the big arms in the NL Central, at least with a lot of the national media. And despite him being a Reds killer, he's remained a favorite of mine. I taped the game tonight since I was busy working through most of it and he lived up to expectations. This guy is just a bulldog on the mound and nevermind the fact that he has filthy stuff and great velocity, he just attacks any hitter without giving them or their status thought (IE Pujols whiffing badly). Oswalt was beast tonight, simply put.

Anyway, I know this is starting to sound like an echo, but I am glad to see Biggio and Bagwell get their chance at a WS finally.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Oswalt has been so underrated when talking about the big arms in the NL Central, at least with a lot of the national media. And despite him being a Reds killer, he's remained a favorite of mine. I taped the game tonight since I was busy working through most of it and he lived up to expectations. This guy is just a bulldog on the mound and nevermind the fact that he has filthy stuff and great velocity, he just attacks any hitter without giving them or their status thought (IE Pujols whiffing badly). Oswalt was beast tonight, simply put.
    Oswalt underrated? Please. Diehard fantasy baseball geeks drool over him like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'll be rooting for the White Sox and against Roger Clemens...

White s0x in 7.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Oswalt underrated? Please. Diehard fantasy baseball geeks drool over him like he's the best thing since sliced bread.
    Yeah because fantasy baseball geeks and the national media coverage are the same damn thing. Please.

Oswalt has never been spoken of as a bad pitcher of course but he has never gotten credit for being the elite pitcher he is, at least til recently. He wasn't severely underrated but he was underrated to some degree and being a fan of his, I enjoy seeing him get the praise he deserves.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Yeah because fantasy baseball geeks and the national media coverage are the same damn thing. Please.

Oswalt has never been spoken of as a bad pitcher of course but he has never gotten credit for being the elite pitcher he is, at least til recently. He wasn't severely underrated but he was underrated to some degree and being a fan of his, I enjoy seeing him get the praise he deserves.
    Oswalt may be overshadowed by Clemens so he doesn't get the praise he deserves, but he isn't underrated. He finished 5th in 2001, tied for 4th in 2002, and 3rd in 2004 in the Cy Young voting. He would have finished in the top 5 for 2003 (10-5, 2.97 ERA) had he not gotten hurt.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Underrated I suppose was the wrong word, overshadowed is probably the better word like you used. However I really wasn't speaking of the media on the whole but the great hype machine known as ESPN's SportsCenter. When talking of the big guns in the NL Central, in the past, usually much more praise was given to Prior, Zambrano, Clemens, Sheets.... hell even Maddux. And before writing my message I just had finished watching Baseball Tonight and ESPN News, seeing them praise Oswalt for all the qualities most of his supporters have been doing for quite some time. So after seeing that, I really appreaciated. Sorry for any confusion, I mis-worded my intent and in some regards, overlooked how Oswalt does get recoginized with the Cy Young voting.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Morgan Ensberg is complete crap, he'll get zero hits in the series.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As good as Oswalt is, I can't root for him. The hard feelings date back when he shut down the "We can't hit off rookie pitchers" Dodgers in his major league debut. He's been owning them (as well as the rest of the league) ever since until they lit him up for 7 runs this season.

Now if the Dodgers could do that more often to Oswalt, Peavy, or Schmidt, the Dodgers wouldn't be every elite pitcher's *****.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    only people that know very little about baseball don't know Oswalt. He's got 83 wins in 5 seasons and is the only pitcher to win 20 games in each of the last two seasons.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    I'd agree with the overshadowed word instead of underrated. Its hard to stand out when you have Clemens and Pettitte on your team.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    at least i would be spared the unenviable task of figuring out who to cheer for in the world series. i find it very easy to root on the astros (despite not particularly caring for oswalt)
    What? How dare you not give Oswalt his praise! Did you not get the message that Roy Oswalt is to Strike 3 Forums is as Brett Favre is to John Madden?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    See. Now you finally get it mofo, just go to your makeshift alter to Oswalt and praise his name for the next six hours. A sacrifice wouldn't hurt you either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234