Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rollins hit streak

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    What you did was the definition of trolling. Posting a stat comparing Lopez to Rollins in a thread where it has no place just because Lopez is a Red is without a doubt trolling. Take off the glasses.
    Let's ask mission if it was trolling. If he says it was trolling, I will admit that it was. If he says it is, then I would expect you to also retract the statement you made on the other thread where you state your opinion as a fact, because it most certainly was not a matter of fact.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Let's ask mission if it was trolling. If he says it was trolling, I will admit that it was. If he says it is, then I would expect you to also retract the statement you made on the other thread where you state your opinion as a fact, because it most certainly was not a matter of fact.
    **** that. Do you know what trolling is? It isn't posting an opinon as a fact. You posted this Lopez crap in a thread where it doesn't belong for no reason. My post had relevance in the Cy Young thread.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    **** that. Do you know what trolling is? It isn't posting an opinon as a fact. You posted this Lopez crap in a thread where it doesn't belong for no reason. My post had relevance in the Cy Young thread.
    I think it does belong. I compared Lopez to Rollins. They are both NL SS. Despite Rollins' hitting streak, Lopez is still a much better SS. That is evidence that the hit streak doesn't mean anything. It's called expanding the discussion.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    I think it does belong. I compared Lopez to Rollins. They are both NL SS. Despite Rollins' hitting streak, Lopez is still a much better SS. That is evidence that the hit streak doesn't mean anything. It's called expanding the discussion.
    You kidding me? I start a thread about Rollins hit streak and how people would render it meaningless and you think that comparing Lopez's stats to Rollins', to say that he is a better SS is expanding the discussion? Bull shit. That's trolling. And why didn't you use Bill Hall's OPS? He is better than Lopez according to your logic. Oh yeah, you used Lopez's stats because you're a ****ing homer and you wanted to pound it down our throats.

MLB ERA
    It's all with the name I used with you(LOL). I can use any name superior than Rollins that I want. I'm not a homer. I have consistently posted negative things about Reds players when they are warranted. They certainly aren't for Felipe Lopez this year.

MLB ERA
    It's all with the name I used with you(LOL). I can use any name superior than Rollins that I want. I'm not a homer. I have consistently posted negative things about Reds players when they are warranted. They certainly aren't for Felipe Lopez this year.
    Whatever homer.

MLB ERA
    That stung. Ouch.

MLB ERA
    That stung. Ouch.
    That was the point homer.

MLB ERA
    I agree, the point certainly was about the "homer." Lopez has more of them than Rollins does, which is why his stats. are so much better despite this recent "hitting streak" by Rollins. The same could also be said for Bill Hall.(Who is slightly ahead of Lopez for the best SS in the NL- even though that could be changed by the end of today). I'm glad you finally get that the point is all about "homers."

MLB ERA
    I agree, the point certainly was about the "homer." Lopez has more of them than Rollins does, which is why his stats. are so much better despite this recent "hitting streak" by Rollins. The same could also be said for Bill Hall.(Who is slightly ahead of Lopez for the best SS in the NL- even though that could be changed by the end of today). I'm glad you finally get that the point is all about "homers."
    No problemo homer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Lopez is better? When did this happen?

MLB ERA
    I'm confused..

MarinerFan87 posted about Rollins' streak.. so why the bloody **** did CRF even bring up Lopez?

Makes no sense.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Yup. Despite the streak, he's still nothing compared to Felipe Lopez.

Rollins' OPS: .764
    Lopez' OPS: .829

That is all.
    Career OPS:

Rollins: .741
    Lopez: .736

Rollins, unlike Lopez, is more than a 1 year wonder. As it has been pointed out already, however, that has nothing to do with the thread.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    To call him a one year wonder would mean that he will fail next year which no one here knows. Although I imagine come the spring, most projections, both stats and scouts will expect him to continue to develop. He could falter, but who knows.

Oh and if you want to compare career OPS, especially when it involves a player who has been receiving large amount of AB's per seasons (over 600 in the past several seasons) versus a player who has yet to even have a 300+ AB season at the MLB level til this season, it really is a better comparison to compare those two players stats at similar AB totals IMO. Just due to that Rollins has had more opportunity to play at the MLB level and comparing his total statistics (with the assumption that the development has been due in large part to the experience received where the other player has yet to receive it.) I am not trying to fuel the fire in this debate as Rollins and Lopez both project to be pretty different players in terms of their biggest assests but I just didnt think it was fair to compare Rollins career to Lopez's due to the large gap of AB's.

Rollins at 1346 AB's, .717 career OPS then.
    Lopez at 1488 AB's, .736 career OPS.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast