Thread: Exciting September Baseball

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Exciting September Baseball

We've got some great series to look forward to this weekend.

Phillies play at Florida for three.

San Diego hosts the Nationals as both are fighting for post season glory.

The Twins will try and play spoiler as the struggling White Sox come to town. The Indians have the Royals so this should be huge for the Sox.

The Brew Crew go south to Houston to try and keep the Stros out of the playoffs. Brewers have 7 of their last 10.

And finally the Oakland/Boston series. It started last night with Schilling getting murdered in the first inning as the Sox couldn't recover. The Sox are trying to keep a lead over the Yanks and the A's have a shot to win the West.

Goddamn this is a great September and it isn't even done yet. Upset central!

MLB ERA
    Really?

Baseball is getting pretty boring for me.

Are the playoffs here yet? Yawn.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Really?

Baseball is getting pretty boring for me.

Are the playoffs here yet? Yawn.
    based on what the Braves have done in the playoffs in recent years you should enjoy the reg season.

AAA ERA
    As crazy as this sounds I am enjoying this reg season more than any since '95 or '96. I know it's been a huge struggle for the Yanks and I'd prefer to have the usual nice lead and div all but wrapped up but I have gotten into the reg season more than usual. I always follow the reg season but knowing we'll be playing in October every year takes the pressure off but these reg season games have been pressurized and it's been fun. Hopefully we can cap the comeback and win another AL East crown, it will be an exciting couple of weeks.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    based on what the Braves have done in the playoffs in recent years you should enjoy the reg season.
    True that.

I was just talking as a fan of baseball, in general, not of a specific team.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This has been an extremely exciting season thus far. Griffey, Giambi, Todd Jones and Pettite have all made great comebacks. Clemens keeps going at age 43 and is in the middle of another exciting Cy Young race with Chris Carpenter. A very close MVP race going on between Andruw Jones and Albert Pujols. The Indians are in the hunt for October as are the A's, two teams that people wrote off because of inexperience. Plus there hasn't been a no-hitter since I can remember. And for the Giant fans, seeing Bopnds back is a big plus. It has truly been a great season and its not over yet. Tons of things could happen to shape up the postseason.