Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delmon Young calls out the D-Rays

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Kyle Davies and Kelly Johnson for Delmon? I'd have to think about it.
    The Rays would probably laugh too hard at that offer to even say no.

They'd laugh at Davies huh. I'm betting they'd laugh at Chuck James and Jarrod Saltamacchia.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Delmon with the Braves would never work.

He has awful make up, which means everything if you follow Braves scouting.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Again no prospects. The D Rays have been using prospects fro the longest time. As for ATLien's comments, how in the hell do you know? You don't and that's just it. Plus you are looking at this in the wrong light, You will get more for Young than anyone else if he shows he can play at a high level of baseball. They could get a number 1 starter or two number 2's which would be two number 1's on a D Rays team. Their problem has never been offense so why not do this? Explain to me and also explain how having Cantu and his 100+ RBI and Gomes who is just plain out power a bad thing?

MLB ERA
    Because the D-Rays suck and Delmon is a potential superstar. You don't trade away maybe the next Pujols or Griffey because you have Cantu & Gomes, LOL.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That's not the only reason why but how could I expect someone like yourself to read a whole post and understand it. You have failed to do so so far so why should I keep having faith in you. Why do the Drays suck? PITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until you get that fact into your brain, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    That's not the only reason why but how could I expect someone like yourself to read a whole post and understand it. You have failed to do so so far so why should I keep having faith in you. Why do the Drays suck? PITCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until you get that fact into your brain, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    And you think one ace (who you haven't even mentioned) is going to change their losing ways?

What about the other 4 starters? Their bullpen? Their average offensive fire power? And the big one, what about their crappy ownership that doesn't give a **** if they win or lose as long as they are bringing in revenue?

Also, remember the division they play in. But like you said, they are one ace away from being a winner. Right? Get the **** outta here with that garbage.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    When did I say that? SHow me where I said that. Please I am dying to see where I said that?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The best way for teams to have young major league pitchers is for the teams' pitching prospects to develop and break into the big league rotation. In the Drays' situation, the team has to hope their pitching prospects, particularly Jeff Niemann since the Drays haven't drafted much pitchers in the 1st round, pan out, much like Kazmir seems to be doing for the Drays.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    They got Kazmir in a trade.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I was throwing Kazmir's name out there just for the sake that the Drays would hope Niemann would follow Kazmir to the big leagues. But the Drays caught lightning in a bottle with the Kazmir trade.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Right on but you have to look at your priorities. Tampa is in the top ten in most main offensive categories in all of MLB. Tampa is also in the bottom five in pitching. What do you do to try and win? Add more unnecessary offense or get pitching? Not a hard question is it?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Right on but you have to look at your priorities. Tampa is in the top ten in most main offensive categories in all of MLB. Tampa is also in the bottom five in pitching. What do you do to try and win? Add more unnecessary offense or get pitching? Not a hard question is it?
    You find a way for them to get fair value and they'd probably do it. No one is going to trade a bonafide number one, young pitcher for a guy who hasn't seen the majors yet. And the D-Rays would not settle for anything less than that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That's why I wrote time and time again, you have to wait til he shows he can play at a high level of baseball. This proves that you people read only what you want to read and not everything that a person writes.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Also, I am still waiting from ATLien's response. Wonder why I haven't got one yet?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast