Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matsui or Sheets

MLB ERA
    I can't see any contract that Ben Sheets signs being anything other than a 3 or 4 year deal, with the last year seeing a big spike in his pay, to compensate for a loss of a year of free agency. Arbitration is a given, especially since anything Sheets gets in front of an arb panel won't be close to what he can get on the open market. Ben doesn't control his own future here.

I also expect the Brewers to ***** and moan about it the entire time.

Should repeat myself as to the revenue that Matsui brings the Yankees?

Like I said, great if Milwaukee retains Sheets but if he wants to see what he worth...there maybe a higher bidder. No disrespect but do you think there will be for Matsui in relation to the Yankees?

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Sheets is a future ace, and Matsui is meh. Who cares.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Ben Sheets signed a one year deal before the season and is arbitration eligible. They can decide to release him if his asking price is too much making him a free agent. They are trying to get a 4yr/$40 deal but if he has a good year he will make more than $10 mil in arbitration due to high salaries. It is totally possible.

MLB ERA
    Man, I really hope the Yankees resign Matsui. He has been doing awesome this year. Last time I checked he was leading the team in home runs, RBI's and average.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AA ERA
    Brewers resign Ben Sheets this afternoon so you can forget him signing with another team. I had a feeling this was going to happen as I mentioned in this thread.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Braves Yankees would be stupid

steinbrener would be a fool if matsui is not wearing yankee colors next year. aside his .359 average, 3 hr, and 11 rbi through he first 2 weeks. hes the most consistent yankee ive seen since he came to the yankees, and one big point ,,, hes the only yankee that can hit boston pitching on an everyday basis. if steinbrener wants to win more championships he'd better make sure this is the guy thats helping him do it .

I applaud Milwaukee management. I think if the season would have ended, they would have had a difficult time keeping Sheets.

I still contend that Matsui will undoubtedly stay with the Yankees as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12