Thread: David Wells is an expert now

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

David Wells is an expert now

On lie detector tests?????

Linky Link

Aug 26, 1:12 AM EDT

Wells: Some players still using steroids

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Boston Red Sox left-hander David Wells said Thursday that he believes there are major league players probably still using steroids.

"There's no question in my mind that there's a lot of guys out there still that are probably on them," Wells said in an interview on WSKO in Providence. "I mean, they're just playing Russian Roulette."

Wells said he has been tested for steroids three times this year "and, quite frankly, I'm starting to lose my cool."

He added that the testers should "go to the guys who have been losing weight dramatically, are not as big as they were last year, listen to their excuses" and test them.

Wells also offered his take on Rafael Palmeiro, saying a lie detector test may be the best method to show when the Baltimore Orioles first baseman used steroids. He said Palmeiro's accomplishments should be removed from baseball's record books if he used them for a while.

"The best way to solve it is probably a lie detector test and put him on it and say, 'How long have you been doing it, when did you take them, for what part of your career?'" Wells said.

"If he's been doing it a while, then go ahead and erase (his accomplishments). It's a shame to do it, but you know you have to do it."

Wells' remarks came one day after his teammate, Curt Schilling, said on WEEI radio in Boston that Palmeiro has "no credibility" to talk about steroids, and his achievements should be wiped from the record books. Those remarks echo those of Washington Nationals manager Frank Robinson, who hit 568 homers.

Palmeiro has 3,020 hits and 569 homers. He was suspended for 10 days on Aug. 1 for using steroids, and has claimed that he didn't know how it got in his body. He has been advised by his attorneys not to comment on his situation until Congress concludes its investigation of his case.

"Personally, I liked him as a person," Wells said of Palmeiro. "He's a great guy but he cheated and that doesn't sit well with me."

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Purchase this AP story for reprint.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

David Wells is an expert on everything. Alcohol, food, steroids, Kenny Rogers, lie detector tests. In fact, if the whole world took a comprehensive test on lie detectors, the rankings of who did well would look like...

3. David Wells
    2. Jack Bauer
    1. Vin Diesel

Fo' sho'.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    David Wells is an expert on everything. Alcohol, food, steroids, Kenny Rogers, lie detector tests. In fact, if the whole world took a comprehensive test on lie detectors, the rankings of who did well would look like...

3. David Wells
    2. Jack Bauer
    1. Vin Diesel

Fo' sho'.
    I will respectfully disagree, and drop everybody down a notch, and put Curt Schilling first. He definitely knows the most about everything in the world.

MLB ERA
    you can actually only ask yes/no questions on lie detector tests...nice try david
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Fo shizzle aye ka sizzle(I know I botched it, but sue me)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    yea, I think it's "Ike" as in former Chrysler chairman Lee Iacocca.

This is gonna cause major head-butting in the Sox clubhouse. Curt Shelling is going to think that Wells is trying to steal his thunder...
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

That would be an epic battle. Schilling v. Wells in a "debate" contest, "debate" meaning a wealth of things.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    That would be an epic battle. Schilling v. Wells in a "debate" contest, "debate" meaning a wealth of things.
    HAHAA I'd love to see that! Pay-Per-View Event of the year.

The Boom vs. Mr. Holier-Than-Thou

AA ERA
    The last sunday school teacher I had loved to use quotes from David Well's(the writer, not the player) book. I always thought of this David Wells righting about God. Maybe they are the same person since David knows everything.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

David Wells is the MAN. Keep talking Boomer, keep talking. Don't let the man keep you down.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    The bastage went and apologized.....what a wimpley f***. No doubt da man got to him with the good ol' boy threats.....unfreakingbelievable huh....f*** that.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................