Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rivals in your teams divisions

MLB ERA

rivals in your teams divisions

I couldnt put all the divisions and who the rival is, so I cam up with this:

NL West:

Biggest Rivaly: Dodgers and Giants

Pads and D-Backs, they appear to be a good rival teams.

Rockies: NA

I think it all depends on who is good. The best example is Seattle and Oakland. Before what 2000? They were in the same division but was there a rivalry? 2002 and 2004 Anaheim jumped into the mix. Is there anything left between Oakland and Seattle?

I obviously consider Boston the chief rival to the Yankees but the Orioles have some good years battling the Yankees(recently 1995-1997). No disrespect to Toronto and Tampa Bay but both have a ways to go.

Growing up in the 70's I recall Boston was a chief rival then but also KC. I think I knew the KC lineup almost as well as the Yankees becasue of their classic battles. KC is no where near a rival to probably anyone, IMO.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    Pads and D-Backs, they appear to be a good rival teams.
    HUH? Pads and D'backs? Do the D'backs consider the Pads rivals? Because the Padres don't consider the D'backs rivals.

Most Pad fans consider the Dodgers their biggest rivals, although most Dodgers fans will deny that the Pads are their rivals second to the Giants.

Are you referring to hated rivalries? Because one could say that every team in baseball is their rival.

GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Twins rivals are the White Sox and the Indians.

White Sox have constantly whined about the Twins since 2001 and they continue to whine. Indians and Twins seemed to be involved in beanballs and brawls since 2001 too.

MLB ERA
    The Mariners don't really have any rivals. That is except for our National League team we are supposed to hate, the Padres!
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Rookie ERA
    Pretty much our whole division.

Personally I dislike the White Sox. But I've been to quite a few games in KC against the Twins and those are usually the most heated between fans. It's been so long since the Royals were consistently good I don't know if they have a true rival now, but I'd say the Twins and White Sox since we are all carried over from the old AL West Division.

Other than that it's probably the A's and Yankees, which both were true and great rivalries in the 70's and early 80's. At this point though I don't know if fans of either of those teams even think twice about the Royals. But there is still some hate toward the A's since they were once in Kansas City, plus they were the team to beat when the expansion Royals started to make their move to be a contender. And anyone who remembers the great rivalry of the Royals and Yankees in the late 70's and early 80's should understand. Though now it's more about big market vs. small market instead of playing for the AL pennant.

But no doubt the biggest rivalry is the Cardinals. Those two cities just don't like each other.

Sox/Yankees

I'd be willing to go Sox/O's, since the O's are the Hideki Matsui of baseball teams to the Sox.

AA ERA
    I have a good feeling that the Orioles will be a pest to the Yankees all season long this year.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    cubs rivals are the brewers, astros and cardinals.

I will second that. I don't think they will contend after All Star break because they don't have the depth but they may sneak up the Redsox for 2nd place. I also think they may fare very well in the 19 meetings vs the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I have a good feeling that the Orioles will be a pest to the Yankees all season long this year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I dont know what Elements trying to say but the A's are a rival lol.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I don't know if the Braves have any legit rivals, but I hate the Mets & Phils.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    I dont know what Elements trying to say but the A's are a rival lol.
    You know in interleague play where everyone is paired up with their 'rivals'. Like Yankees v. Mets, Oakland v. SF, LAD v. LAA, Texas v. Houston ect...

We are paired up with the Padres.

With that said, I also think RLA68 is right. Now that the Mariners have been out of the race for a couple years, are the A's really still our rivals?
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I would put the Astros right up their with the Cardinals for the Reds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast