Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 2020 MLB Season

  1. #1
    Administrator HollywoodLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    33,323
    MLB ERA
    3.97

    2020 MLB Season

    It's happening.

    There'll be some COVID IL stints, and there'll be some uncertainty, but it's happening.

    Let's get it on. I'll take an asterisk laden title over nothing if the Padres manage to get hot.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

  2. #2
    Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,503
    MLB ERA
    2.63
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    And it begins...
    Dodgers' David Price opts out of playing this season due to coronavirus concerns
    https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-07-04/dodgers-pitcher-david-price-opts-out-of-playing-this-season-coronavirus

    I'm still fearful of the possibility that Price will still end up playing more games in a Dodgers uniform than Mookie will. Price opening the floodgates doesn't help.

  3. #3
    Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,503
    MLB ERA
    2.63
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Padres News: San Diego trades Franchy Cordero, Ronald Bolanos to Royals for LHP Tim Hill - Gaslamp Ball

    It's going to be funny when the Franchy-Margot-Franmil-Renfroe outfield corps becomes the next version of Stanton-Yelich-Ozuna what could have been.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 07-17-2020 at 12:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Administrator HollywoodLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    33,323
    MLB ERA
    3.97

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Padres News: San Diego trades Franchy Cordero, Ronald Bolanos to Royals for LHP Tim Hill - Gaslamp Ball

    It's going to be funny when the Franchy-Margot-Franmil-Renfroe outfield corps becomes the next version of Stanton-Yelich-Ozuna what could have been.
    A reach even for your normal standards.

    Stanton and Yelich were already MVP candidates when they were traded, and Ozuna was a known quantity in his own right.

    Franchy has yet to prove he can stay healthy, Renfroe can't get on base, Margot barely qualifies to be in this conversation. Franmil is the one I'm worried about most, but even he hardly compares to Yelich/Stanton
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer BuckFoston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,777
    MLB ERA
    4.80

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Mookie signing that massive extension is pretty awesome for a Yankees fan.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

    Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer BuckFoston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,777
    MLB ERA
    4.80

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Stanton bomb to start the season. Today is a good day
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

    Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

  7. #7
    Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,503
    MLB ERA
    2.63
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    A reach even for your normal standards.

    Stanton and Yelich were already MVP candidates when they were traded, and Ozuna was a known quantity in his own right.

    Franchy has yet to prove he can stay healthy, Renfroe can't get on base, Margot barely qualifies to be in this conversation. Franmil is the one I'm worried about most, but even he hardly compares to Yelich/Stanton
    I wasn't being serious with the Yelich/Stanton/Ozuna comparison. I just meant that it would be funny if the 4 ex-Padres were to end up becoming some "What Could Have Been" story.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Mookie signing that massive extension is pretty awesome for a Yankees fan.
    Let's just hope Boston doesn't use the savings to sign Shane Victorino, Mike Napoli, Stephen Drew, and Jonny Gomes.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 07-23-2020 at 10:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,503
    MLB ERA
    2.63
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Justin Verlander is out for the season with an elbow injury. You hate to see it.

  9. #9
    Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,503
    MLB ERA
    2.63
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Justin Verlander is out for the season with an elbow injury. You hate to see it.
    Says he'll back. That is, if baseball isn't cancelled again (thanks Florida).

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer BuckFoston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,777
    MLB ERA
    4.80

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Says he'll back. That is, if baseball isn't cancelled again (thanks Florida).
    Not looking good. Damn fish.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

    Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

  11. #11
    Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,503
    MLB ERA
    2.63
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 2020 MLB Season

    At this rate, there won't even be 16 teams to fill out the postseason bracket.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •