Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2017 MLB Season ramblings and De Facto Cubs Masturbatory Thread

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official 2017 MLB Season ramblings and De Facto Cubs Masturbatory Thread

I'm never, ever going to get over this one. I am devastated. There's no guarantee they will do anything next year. Everyone will regress and get a year older. I mean, when you don't win it all with Kike Hernandez hitting 3 home runs in one game and Charlie Culberson hitting .500, when the fuck are you going to win?

Seeing others suggest that we blow it up and start over like the Astros did? Knowing our luck, best case scenario we get more Kershaws, Seagers, and Bellingers, but the other guys have Correa, Bregman, and Springer and they're actually FUCKING CLUTCH. But with the draft being such a fucking crapshoot, odds are more likely we end up with the next Darren Dreifort with a top pick. We're fucked either way.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 11-02-2017 at 03:46 AM.

MLB ERA

Re: The Official 2017 MLB Season ramblings and De Facto Cubs Masturbatory Thread

Mofo, I feel for you man. I was crushed after game 7 of the ALCS and I was really hoping these pricks wouldn't go on to win it all. I was really pulling for the Dodgers.

I just saw on Twitter this morning that the Dodgers are actually, as of right now, the favorites to win it all next year, according to Vegas. They open as a 5-1 to favorite, Houston 6-1, Yankees and Nationals 8-1. (I know, I know, a lot can change)

Baseball was cruel to most of us this year.. Hopefully next year can be better.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Baseball was cruel to teams that were in the playoffs.

Yet I sit here as a Padres fan
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

I never said it wasn't cruel for teams not in the playoffs.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    No, but the whole worlds newfound crush of Altuve and Correa is getting old. Yeah, I know, a lot of my hatred for them probably stems from the fact that they eliminated the Yankees but I'm tired of everyone licking their nuts.
    Aaron Judge, anyone?
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    Aaron Judge, anyone?
    Touche.

However, mix the fact that Astros put the Yankees out and then the whole world was all over Altuve... It made me not like him.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Touche.

However, mix the fact that Astros put the Yankees out and then the whole world was all over Altuve... It made me not like him.
    Altuve has been stellar for years, though. He deserves the media praise a little more than Judge does at this juncture.

I don't mean to be mean here but a Yankees fan is the last person who should be griping about the sports media gushing over players/teams too much, lol
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Altuve has been stellar for years, though. He deserves the media praise a little more than Judge does at this juncture.

I don't mean to be mean here but a Yankees fan is the last person who should be griping about the sports media gushing over players/teams too much, lol
    Haha, trust me, I know. I'm just bitter, that's all. CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE BITTER?!

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

@NBCSGIANTS
    We're here for you, @Dodgers fans.
    We swear. https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/status/925935404540239872/video/1
    That was not even in the least bit funny. It's just not possible to not hate those pricks up north. 40 games back and still talking shit.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    That was not even in the least bit funny. It's just not possible to not hate those pricks up north. 40 games back and still talking shit.
    Fuck those guys. Seriously, my hatred for San Francisco is reaching new levels.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I'm never, ever going to get over this one. I am devastated. There's no guarantee they will do anything next year. Everyone will regress and get a year older. I mean, when you don't win it all with Kike Hernandez hitting 3 home runs in one game and Charlie Culberson hitting .500, when the fuck are you going to win?
    Sigh...I prepared myself for this to happen before the season started, yet I am still miserable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Fuck those guys. Seriously, my hatred for San Francisco is reaching new levels.
    @NBCSAuthentic Happy 40th Kobe
    Twitter

A highlight from the Ronny Turiaf era is all they have to show for throwing shade on one of the greats to ever play the game.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 08-24-2018 at 04:34 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mofo, I feel for you man. I was crushed after game 7 of the ALCS and I was really hoping these pricks wouldn't go on to win it all. I was really pulling for the Dodgers.

I just saw on Twitter this morning that the Dodgers are actually, as of right now, the favorites to win it all next year, according to Vegas. They open as a 5-1 to favorite, Houston 6-1, Yankees and Nationals 8-1. (I know, I know, a lot can change)

Baseball was cruel to most of us this year.. Hopefully next year can be better.
    I tell myself that the Dodgers had no business being back in the World Series, but it still doesn't make what's happening right now any less cruel to me. Just when I think I've seen it all with Matt Stairs, the McCourts' divorce and bankruptcy, the Giants winning 3x, and then wondering if the Dodgers will ever even make the World Series after losing to the Cardinals, Mets, and Cubs in consecutive years, and then making it in the next two years, only to lose it each time, they will continue to come up with new ways to frustrate and break my heart.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 10-28-2018 at 01:01 AM.

Rookie ERA

I think Dave Roberts deep down... very deep down in his inner being, was letting the Red Sox win. Remembering leading off their big comeback vs the Yanks in his day. dummy
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Eh. He doesn’t represent the whole team.

Go Astros
    Counterpoint: He knew exactly when the fastball was coming from Darvish because his whole team was involved in the scheme, so, yeah, they're all pricks.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 11-17-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast