I know you will not all be great lovers of every part of this idea - please be gentle - I'm new here, and I come with a positive attitude ...

One format (A) that is worth discussing is the 10 team US idea, where the seven largest population states have a team of their own each, and three other teams represent (E, C & W) alliances of all all other states. (format A has two levels: an upper six and a lower 4) + annual promotion/relegation of one team moving between the two levels + annual adjustments on the top & bottom team's player eligibility quotas.

Format B is also very exciting and well worth discussing: Here each of the 50 US states has a team of its own + DC + a split-off into CalSo & N&C Cal - so this is 52 teams overall - this one would consist of five divisions (the top 16 teams in A; the next-best 12 in B; the next best 12 in C; the next 6 in D and the bottom 6 in E).

Both of the above ideas would involve a seeding order exercise occurring before year 1 and a fade from this to the results-based ranking system to ensure that all teams are evenly matched to their best possible opponents.

Both these ideas require only two games per year per team, to be played within the largest available stadium situated within one of the two states who are playing each other; and both have annual promotion and relegation for one team to and from each division level.

If a team has lost so many games in a row in the lowest level that our special points system determined overall margin kicks in, this much battered and humiliated team gains the helping hand of a 5-year spell in which it may use two players who have not lived in this state + it gets a 2% funding transfer from all the other teams with which to get some good help in.

Similarly, if a team has dominated the top level for a special system determined length of time and winning margin combination, it gets a special age quota system imposed for the next five years requiring it to use five players who fulfill five different rules: that one player of each nine must be under 18, another under 19, another U20, U21, & a 5th player U22. These quotas are only added to keep it close and exciting if one team has lost all or none of its games in several years.