Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 MLB Off Season Thread

MLB ERA

MLB 2016 MLB Off Season Thread

Will the Twins trade Dozier?

Boston interested in Trevor Plouffe?

Yankees reportedly trying to get Quintana?

Where will Trumbo, Joey Bats and others end up?

These rumors and transactions, along with OOTP and MLB The Show on my PS4 are the only thing that get me through the winter.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: 2016 MLB Off Season Thread

Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would've bet money on a mention of Paul Depodesta leaving.

MLB ERA

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Rookie ERA

Does anyone think the Twins should try to keep all of the key pieces in place and try to get something going in Minnesota? They have the potential to have a sneaky solid lineup if some of the younger guys come along. The pitching staff was far from good in 2016, but just like the offense, the potential is there with some young guys in the mix. It's not a certainty by any means, but I'd like to see them hold onto a couple guys (Dozier) until May or June to see how things start. They may also get Perkins back in the bullpen the 1st half of the season.

The Hot Stove hasn't been very hot lately, that's for sure. I'm fairly surprised Trumbo hasn't landed somewhere yet, not so much on Bautista. Nonetheless, those guys will surely sign soon I'd imagine.

Lastly, I can't wait to watch Beltre's journey towards 3,000 hits. He's been such a joy to watch in Arlington the past handful of seasons. The 3,000 hits, 600 doubles, 450 home run club would be pretty damn cool to see as well.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Thrash13 View Post
    Does anyone think the Twins should try to keep all of the key pieces in place and try to get something going in Minnesota? They have the potential to have a sneaky solid lineup if some of the younger guys come along. The pitching staff was far from good in 2016, but just like the offense, the potential is there with some young guys in the mix. It's not a certainty by any means, but I'd like to see them hold onto a couple guys (Dozier) until May or June to see how things start. They may also get Perkins back in the bullpen the 1st half of the season.

The Hot Stove hasn't been very hot lately, that's for sure. I'm fairly surprised Trumbo hasn't landed somewhere yet, not so much on Bautista. Nonetheless, those guys will surely sign soon I'd imagine.

Lastly, I can't wait to watch Beltre's journey towards 3,000 hits. He's been such a joy to watch in Arlington the past handful of seasons. The 3,000 hits, 600 doubles, 450 home run club would be pretty damn cool to see as well.

Great point about the Twins. They do have a chance to have sneaky solid lineup but they also have a chance of having a very similar season that they did last year. Plouffe is a huge question mark at this point and so is the entire bullpen I feel like. The young kid Berrios (sp?) has a chance to be solid but didn't prove much last year. Buxton sure hasn't lived up to the hype either. I just feel like they have a lot of young talent that could blossom but if it doesn't they are in trouble. Not a bad idea to see what happens with that lineup though and wait to move some pieces.

I am also very surprised Trumbo and Bautista haven't signed yet.

Beltre is a real treat to watch. I am not much of a Rangers fan but I absolutely appreciate Beltre for what he has done and accomplished.

By the way, welcome to the forums. Stick around!

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Rookie ERA

The only reason I like Beltre is to watch him and Andrus tease/kid/fuss/prank with each other. They are fun.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

MLB ERA

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I still think the Twins' end game with Dozier will be the Dodgers. The Giants and Cardinals have been linked to Dozier, with Joe Panik or Kolten Wong possibly going to the Twins, but if the Twins want to contend they might as well keep Dozier and his affordable contract than to get Panik or Wong with limited upside and then trade Panik or Wong (because they will have come to realize he isn't a difference maker) for even less goods.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 01-05-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Rookie ERA

I agree with you the best move for the Twins would be to match up with the Dodgers if they are going to move Dozier anywhere. They'll be a lot better off with what they get back in return (Jose DeLeon as the headliner). If they can talk the Dodgers into including Walker Buehler, I may actually change my mind about things from the Twins perspective. As much as I'd hate to see Minnesota trade away their best offensive player, they're in desperate need of quality pitching. You'd have to think one or two of these young arms will click at some point, haha.

My Rangers seem to be in the mix for Tyson Ross. I've watched him pitch against us a couple times in the past, and he always fared pretty well. He and Cashner are two guys I wanted a few years back, and it'll be pretty wild if we end up with both going into 2017. I'm not sure I want them as badly as I once did, but they both still have a lot to offer if they can stay healthy.

MLB ERA

According to MLB.com Yovani Gallardo is on the move to Seattle in exchange for Seth Smith. It also sounds like Brandon Phillips blocked a trade to the Braves. I find that interesting because as far as teams go next year, I would imagine the Braves are going to be a better team than the Reds. I wonder what his reasoning for blocking the trade is.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

if both teams are gonna stink anyway (the braves should be improved i suppose, but its not like theyre playoff contenders as constructed), why move your family from where youve been for however many amount of years, when hes probably not far off from retiring anyway?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    if both teams are gonna stink anyway (the braves should be improved i suppose, but its not like theyre playoff contenders as constructed), why move your family from where youve been for however many amount of years, when hes probably not far off from retiring anyway?
    Good point. I can't really argue that. Phillips also posted this to his Twitter -

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Dyson is on the move to Seattle also -

Mariners acquire Jarrod Dyson for Nathan Karns | MLB.com

Since his arrival in Seattle, general manager Jerry Dipoto has talked of getting faster and more athletic in the outfield, and the Mariners certainly took another step in that direction on Friday by acquiring speedster Jarrod Dyson from the Royals for starting pitcher Nathan Karns.

Dyson, 32, gives the Mariners a veteran outfielder who can tandem with youngsters Ben Gamel and Mitch Haniger in the corner spots after Dipoto traded Seth Smith to the Orioles earlier Friday for starter Yovani Gallardo, while also serving as a quality backup to center fielder Leonys Martin.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    But the Braves presented a unique situation because he's from the Atlanta area and still owns a home there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast