Thread: Jose Fernandez 1992-2016

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Marlins Jose Fernandez 1992-2016

He was killed in a boating accident this morning.

Jose Fernandez Dies In Boating Accident - MLB Trade Rumors

One of the biggest stars in the game, gone way too soon.

What's more heartbreaking is he was going to be father.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 09-25-2016 at 01:56 PM.

MLB ERA

Re: Jose Fernandez 1992-2016

Seriously so devastating. He was such a joy to watch play the game the amount of passion he played with was unmatched. I can't imagine the heartache his family is going through at this time. RIP.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Jose Fernandez was at a popular Miami waterfront party spot at least 90 minutes before his fatal boat crash ... TMZ Sports has learned.
    Multiple sources have told us ... Fernandez and at least one other person who was killed in the crash was at American Social Bar & Kitchen around 2 AM on Sunday morning.
    When asked for specifics about what happened inside -- including whether alcohol was served to Jose or his friends -- a rep for the restaurant would only say, "Jose Fernandez was a guest at American Social."
    The restaurant, which has a dock for boaters to pull up, is located a short distance from where the crash occurred. The boat was discovered by the coast guard at 3:30 AM. Investigators believe the boat was traveling at full speed when it crashed into a jetty.
    Officials have said at this point it does not appear alcohol was a factor in the crash -- but it appears that statement was based on a lack of visual evidence such as liquor bottles or beer cans. Toxicology results are pending.
    Jose Fernandez Hit Miami Party Spot 90 Minutes Before Crash | TMZ.com

Who knows if this is accurate or not but I thought I would share it.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I couldn't believe it when I saw it scrolling at the bottom of ESPN Sunday morning. Shocked.