Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (8/10)

++++

What's happening to this world? Ghetto is dominating you guys.

Next up, David Wright's barehanded catch..and Oscar Robles' base hit on a ball that bounced off the dirt. Which is the more impressive play, Providence?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    having seen neither...I'd say hitting a ball on the bounce since I've seen more barehanded catches in my day than hits off groundball pitches. Never heard of Oscar "the grouch" Robles though...

Well, it was a diving barehand catch...nonetheless, ++++

ghetto?

MLB ERA
    man i'd have to say that that one handed catch...its super hard to make any catch bare handed. Think back to your young days...remeber when you would bounce the ball off the ground and then hit it far? thats exactly what i thought of here. The barehanded catch impressed me. The bouncer just left me confused...and then reminded of good memories.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

+++

Slyder?

MLB ERA
    Also I have not seen either play. So I am answering blind.

Baseball is the only sport that you can be paid well in and only succeed 1/4 to 1/3 of the time. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports. Especially when you consider it could be anyone of about 3-5 pitches (depending on the pitcher), hitting it off the bounce, not knowing what the dirt will cause it to do makes it harder to make a bare handed catch.

How many times do these players catch baseballs in their lives? 1,000,0000,000? 10,000,000? Granted thats usually with a glove but it helps train the eye to catch barehanded. You cannot repeat bouncing a ball off the ground and hitting it cause it will never bounce the sameway twice.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

+++++ Slyder with a novel.

Alright, time to take a quick commercial break, and when we return, we dim the lights for a little buy or sell. HORN ME!

Buy now, sell later!

First off, more Yankees. The Boss is unhappy with Torre's latest moves...buy the Boss' beef with Torre being legit? Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    Well he's gotta put the blame somewhere right? Buy this. It can't be George, he doesn't fill out the lineups, he just pays for the talent, or lack there of. Tension is high in Yankee land. see following:

i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

++++ Good illustration.

Slyder?

MLB ERA
    Sell. How many rings as a manager does Steinbrenner have? 0 How many rings does he have as "The Boss" of the Yankees? 4. How many of those came with someone other than Joe Torre as manager? 0.

Steinbrenner has to look in the mirror and say I messed up. LIke I said earlier, With a 200 million dollar payroll you should be able to have some depth to where you dont have to rely on Al Leiter to anchor your staff if someone gets hurt.

Steinbrenner got those 4 rings with one of the best groups of players ever assembled in any sport. They werent an all star team but they had chemistry. Steinbrenners pursuit of nothing but big name stars has left the Yanks with very little youth left and a team of big pay guys who are now all old (see Bernie) and they have no chemistry guys like a Paul O'Neill left just egos and big pay checks.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

++++

Providence?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Sell:

Steinbrenner is a moron...he's always undermining the people he hired to run the team (Cashman, Torre). What is the point in hiring people to do specific jobs if you're going to overrule them anyway? Cashman and Torre should be commended for not going insane thanks to Jorge.

+++

Next up, the Kansas City Royals, who Royally turned a 1 run lead into a 10 run deficit in the 9th inning. Buy the Royals as an ML-caliber team. Slyder.

MLB ERA
    Sale, they are a prime example of why some people have problems with baseball. You get the cheap penny/nickle morons running the team and they dont care about winning. 36 million is the Royals payroll, I think about 24 mil if you take out Sweeney's contract. that on a 25 man roster is less than a million dollars a year per player. For all the grief owners like Carl Lindner get they at least attempt to put a competitive team out there and spend some money (albeit not as much as they probably could). KC is a great city but you are seeing the problem with "small market" fans know they stand no chance of competing as long as they get a cheap penny pincher of an owner.

Dont move the Royals though, make the idiot sale the team or institute a salary floor.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast