Thread: Rule 5 Draft

MLB ERA

MLB Rule 5 Draft

The rule 5 draft takes place at the winter meetings in Nashville on December 10. Here is a list of players that are available (there are others, of course): 2015 Rule 5 Draft Preview: Names To Remember - BaseballAmerica.com
    For those unfamiliar with the rule 5 draft, the player selected will cost the drafting team $50K and must remain on the major league (25-man) roster for the entire season or be offered back to the original team for $25K.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rule 5 Draft

Meh, I don't see anybody to get excited about, probably because it's hard to fuck up a 40-man roster.

Which is why to this day I still don't understand why Shawn Tolleson was left off the 40-man roster and placed on waivers before the Rangers snapped him up. It wasn't like we were stocked with good, young CHEAP relievers. And this fuck up almost led to retard Ned Colletti trading the farm for Joaquin Benoit because "he had to do something" to fill the hole in the bullpen. A hole that he created!

/rant

MLB ERA

One kid I remember seeing a few years ago was Jabari Blash. He is about 6'4" or so and weighs about 230. He runs well and has a plus arm. He has good power, but poor strike-zone judgement. He'll take a lot of work by a very good hitting coach to reach his potential. This said, for a team like the White Sox or Indians, he might be worth taking a flier on.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Blash has a ton of power but still inconsistent on contact. Decent fielder. I saw him play in multiple games in Tacoma.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)