Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Post Season

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2015 Post Season

We already witnessed how winning turned Red Sox fans and fucking Giants fans into insufferable, obnoxious, self-entitled Yankee fans. The last thing is I need is to watch Cubs fans to take it to another level.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Why isn't the entire world on my side as a Padres fan hoping to finally win it when it's never happened?
    You should have been a Packer, Red Sox, and Red Wing fan instead.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Choke Cubs Choke!

Baseball season's underway
    Well you better get ready for a brand new day
    Hey, Chicago, what do you say
    The Cubs are gonna win today
    They're singing
    Go, Cubs, go
    Go, Cubs, go
    Hey, Chicago, what do you say
    The Cubs are gonna win today!

Rookie ERA

I was speaking of myself as a Padres fans but, as you just pointed out a couple of them, Astros fans and Rangers fans have also been waiting their whole lives to see their team win
    a World Series. Meanwhile, the Pirates have been a perennial laughing stock since the glory days of the 70s, not to mention Kansas City.

But we're all supposed to jump on the Cubs bandwagon just because they happened to win one at the turn of the 20th century before going on a long drought and because of some made up curse involving a goat?

This isn't about you specifically, though. That's just the narrative the media and a lot of fans that aren't fans of Chicago's division rivals like to beat.

Cubs fans are hardly unique in sitting through years of misery and failure. The media and a lot of fans just like to highlight them because they're Chicago and tradition and lore.

Well, that's the beauty of the whole thing Leo, everyone has their reasons to pull for other teams when their beloved team is out. I totally agree with what you said, in my view any team that makes it in whether they dominated their way there or scratched deserves to be the victor if they get there....may the best team win!

I don't really know what's going on with the Chicago fans or media, I think they are so delirious I doubt if they seriously care if anyone is jumping on a band-wagon. I may kid people to come to the dark side with me and root root root for the Cubbies, but realistically I think everyone is right for who they root for and for whatever reason they decide to choose a particular team, even those darn Yankees.Without the opposing teams and their fans there is no one for anyone's favorite team to play. Not every new fan is a band-wagoner, some just start late in liking a sport, some start developing a liking because family members or friends seem to have such a great time talking, watching or going to games they want to see what it's about and get hooked.

The goat curse is no more far fetched than the Curse of the Bambino or any other superstition that has come down through the decades in baseball, every team goes through highs, mediocre times and lows.

For me I would like to see the Cubbies get the monkey off their back as the longest drought, their fans are loyal and have stuck through all those losing decades more than a lot of fan bases and I didn't exactly jump on a new bandwagon, I have consistently followed the Cubs, Braves and even to a lesser extent the White Sox through the wonderful invention of cable and now all the other improved ways of watching more baseball.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    We already witnessed how winning turned Red Sox fans and fucking Giants fans into insufferable, obnoxious, self-entitled Yankee fans. The last thing is I need is to watch Cubs fans to take it to another level.
    Doesn't have to be winning to turn a fan base into insufferable, obnoxious butts, I am experiencing this with a Rays group I am heavily involved with, some of their rants at times make yours look like love sonnets. At least a lot of what you moan about is based in truth, these people make up crap in their own head and try to claim it as fact when it is based on nothing even close to reality.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Doesn't have to be winning to turn a fan base into insufferable, obnoxious butts, I am experiencing this with a Rays group I am heavily involved with, some of their rants at times make yours look like love sonnets. At least a lot of what you moan about is based in truth, these people make up crap in their own head and try to claim it as fact when it is based on nothing even close to reality.

I've been on this board for 10 years and all my attempts to "will" my team to victory have been in vain. I can confidently say I'll be going to my grave having watched every team except mine win it all. Even the fucking Cubs, the fucking Mets, and hell, even the Padres, knowing my luck. Fuck hope.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 10-08-2015 at 03:40 AM.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's 8 in the morning and I'am jacked the bleep up all ready. LETS GO

Rookie ERA

Hold your horses Foster, it's moments away.

The Blue Jays, last appearance in the World Series was climaxed by a Joe Carter's Game 6 walk-off home run in 1993. The Rangers are back to their fourth post season in six years with back to back appearances in the WS only to lose to the Giants (2010) and Cardinals (2011).

Today's line-up:

DeShields CF
    Choo RF
    Beltre 3B
    Fielder DH
    Napoli 1B
    Hamilton LF
    Andrus SS
    Odor 2B
    Chirinos C
    Gallardo P

Revere LF
    Donaldson 3B
    Bautista RF
    Encarnacion DH
    Tulowitzki SS
    Smoak 1B
    Martin C
    Goins 2B
    Pillar CF
    Price P

Yovani Gallardo (13-11, 3.42)has been unscored upon in 13.2 innings against the Blue Jays this year.

David Price (18-5, 2.45) has gone 9-1 with a 2.30 ERA since joining Toronto.

The Rangers are the first team since the 2006 Twins to win their division after trailing by as many as eight games in August.

The Blue Jays finished the season with a 53-28 (.654) record at Rogers Centre, tied with Houston for the highest home win percentage in the AL and tied for the highest win percentage at home in club history (.675 in 1985; .654 in 1992).

Toronto won each of its two three-game series against Texas this year, leading to a 4-2 advantage in the overall season series. The teams last matched up Aug. 25-27 in Texas, where Toronto won the first two games and lost the finale.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I've been on this board for 10 years and all my attempts to "will" my team to victory have been in vain. I can confidently say I'll be going to my grave having watched every team except mine win it all. Even the fucking Cubs, the fucking Mets, and hell, even the Padres, knowing my luck. Fuck hope.
    Well, mofo given other droughts such as the current Cubs and the once long drought of the Red Sox, that is an unfortunate possibility. I'd say the Dodgers have a much better shot given the brass behind them than my Rays. I also, have the back of my mind thought that 2008 might be the closest I ever get to see, heck there is even a chance they may not be here sometime in the future. It sucks, but I try to be happy that there is still some baseball to watch and I'm happy for Foster and Trendy.

MLB ERA

It's easy to be cynical because of the past but what a bunch of other human beings did years ago has no bearing on the chances of any team today just because they were wearing the same clothing those today are wearing when they failed.

Thinking otherwise is just being cynical and superstitious.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Let the Theo suck-fest continue!

Rookie ERA

It's easy to be cynical because of the past but what a bunch of other human beings did years ago has no bearing on the chances of any team today just because they were wearing the same clothing those today are wearing when they failed.

Thinking otherwise is just being cynical and superstitious.
    Leo, it is not cynical to think there is a possibility that some people will not be around long enough to see a specific team achieve a World Series win, especially for those fans of relatively newer teams that aren't a teenager, in their 20's or even 30's. There are a few recently that have won or had a good chance to win repeatedly, but every team has successful runs followed by years of floundering, it's the cycle, but there are many that like the Blue Jays 22 years since they won, if it took that long for the Rays to get back to a WS and even win. very good possibility that I won't be here, just a fact of life.

MLB ERA

It's not cynical to think there is a possibility, no.

It is cynical to feel like it's a strong probability, however.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

So...MoFo wasn't alive or old enough in '88? Man...have I become the new DiamondDave? At least I saw one A's WS win...I was 9, but still. It feels pretty shitty that I've lived through more Red Sux WS wins than A's despite the fact that the A's still have more overall WS wins. Ugh. And the Giants, too! This is depressing.

MLB ERA

My mom was a Dodgers fan and when I was a very young child I was too. I was 9 years old when I decided to quit rooting for the Dodgers and become a Padres fan.

I turned 9 in 1989

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast