Thread: As we reflect on the anniversary of 9/11

Rookie ERA

As we reflect on the anniversary of 9/11

Tonight, my Rays take on one of our division arch rivals, the Boston Red Sox. Though they have not quite been the Red Sox we are used to seeing, they are always tough. The season series is tied 6-6. Our young spitfire will be on the mound tonight and will hopefully lead the team to a win, though he has struggled against Boston. Their odds of making the post season have significantly dwindled, but they have shown a lot of resilience in the midst of overwhelming injuries and a significant amount of rookies including the manager.

Today, America is united in remembrance and honoring those that lost their lives and made sacrifices during the most horrific event in recent times. Everyone old enough to remember knows exactly where they were and what they were doing at that moment 14 years ago. The best way to honor the fallen is to never forget while enjoying the very things we as a nation cherish like freedom and living our lives to the fullest. We get to partake in the frivolities of life such as sports, music, dancing as well as all things fun and silly with family and friends.

Yes, the main sports focus right now is on football, but today there is a baseball game, the original American pastime. There will be a spread of red, white and blue and a moment of silence, then the words every baseball fan reveres "PLAY BALL!"

Go Rays! Stripes UP! Bows UP! RAYS UP!

As we reflect on the anniversary of 9/11-01web_rayshonorpass071815_750x525_8col-jpg

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: As we reflect on the anniversary of 9/11

I can't help but still be bitter that Piazza was in a Met uniform when he hit that post-9/11 home run. And the Red Sox winning the World Series after the Boston Marathon bombing. Why can't something good like that happen to my fucking city?

Rookie ERA

Well, half your state is turning into a desert and part of your county is on fire, sooooo, maybe it's your year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Well, half your state is turning into a desert and part of your county is on fire, sooooo, maybe it's your year.
    Don't know where he is exactly from... but my guess, Padres fan?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Surprising. Got a lot more going for them than a lot of teams. Probably the biggest bandwagon team over the last couple couple of seasons. Remember, as soon as the championships happen, you are just going to be deemed the new Evil Empire.

Just the talk about desert and fires, it seems like over the years all the big wildfires were around San Diego.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Oh, he's just e-bitter about everything, you get used to it after about a week or so.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I just don't want to hear about championships. Detroit won in 84, that's all I hear. People talk about it a bunch here. I wasn't alive. Got to watch them almost lose a record amount of games only to see them come up short on a World Series win year after year.

I'm trying to be patient over here, but time is running out. Just obviously they won't go full rebuild as long as JV and Miggy are around

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ImJussSayin View Post

Just the talk about desert and fires, it seems like over the years all the big wildfires were around San Diego.
    Both LA and SD were on fire that year, but yes, I happened to be in SD at the time.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ImJussSayin View Post
    I just don't want to hear about championships. Detroit won in 84, that's all I hear. People talk about it a bunch here. I wasn't alive. Got to watch them almost lose a record amount of games only to see them come up short on a World Series win year after year.
    It's the Curse of Kirk Gibson. He was so awesome in '84 and '88 that El Tigres and Los Doyers are punished for the rest of eternity for it.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 09-13-2015 at 03:38 PM.