Thread: Former ML Jack Carter and co-host fired from radio talk show for PED accusations.

Rookie ERA

Former ML Jack Carter and co-host fired from radio talk show for PED accusations.

In just one week, Carter has lost his radio talk show on WGNU after making accusations against Albert Pujols, Justin Verlander and Shawn Green. His co-host Kevin Slaten was also fired.

Cater accuses Pujol's, Verlander and Green

Pujol’s former trainer Chris Mihlfeld’s response.

Pujol’s response and legal action threat.

Verlander’s response.

Jack Clark and co-host fired.

We have all seen this same scenario of finger pointing and heartfelt denials since this issue has come to the forefront so it can be hard to know which side to believe anymore. While there have been a few hints here and there from “unofficial” sources about Green and Pujols neither has ever been linked to any formal investigation by MLB. I have never heard even a rumor about Verlander. Who knows if this is a case of a wanna-be shock jock with an ax to grind or bandwagon jumping on the heels of the PED hysteria or just a guy that sincerely wants to “out” guys that he truly believes are cheating. I do think without any kind of basic evidence or true knowledge it is unfair to just throw out names, especially right now. MLB has clearly shown they will go after players even though their “best drug policy” in sports has shown blatant incompetence because their testing labs can’t keep up with the “masking” clinics.

MLB ERA

Re: Former ML Jack Carter and co-host fired from radio talk show for PED accusations.

If I were Verlander or Pujols I would have just laughed at the question/accusation and left it at that. Because Kharma has a bad habit of popping its head out of the ground and biting you in the ass. *See Ryan Braun, Rafael Palmero, and Melky Cabrera*

After reading the Verlander response thats about how I would have handled it outside of the "could be yeah".
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-10-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Former ML Jack Carter and co-host fired from radio talk show for PED accusations.

Pujol’s response and legal action threat.

A-Rod said he was going to sue Selena Roberts, too, remember?

And whatever happened to Shawne Merriman's lawsuit against the company that manufactured his "tainted" supplements?

Rookie ERA

The article only said Pujols was "going" to file, we'll have to see if he actually follows through with it. I agree he better be 100% sure nothing can back fire on him.

MLB ERA

I don't think Pujols ever did anything illegal. I feel his accomplishments are purely on talent and hard work. Is he the player he once was? Of course not. He is getting older and is starting his decline. He might have a few good seasons left, but not enough to justify the huge contract the Angels gave him.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon