Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Around the Horn: MLB Edition (7-27)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Meh, I'll say the Padres. The O's lose their chance at Burnett if they got rid of Ponson. Padres clear a 1st base salary off their books, get Xavier Nady, who has tremendous pure power, some AB's. Ponson is a slob, but if memory serves, both him and Nevin have the same length on their contract. Both teams technically lose, but the Padres win because it gets Nady in the lineup, and I think Nady has a nice future.

Husker?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'm on Nevin's side. He discussed the possible trade with his family and even one of his kids started to cry because he didn't want him to leave. If the trade were to be accepted, I think Baltimore would've gotten a great deal. Nevin has the upside and can lead the O's to a WC bid IF they can acquire a pitcher like A.J. Burnett whereas Ponson is a guy who cannot control his weight problems.

Point to Husker. Hammer conveniently forgot to answer the first part of the question.

This one's for the game..Adam Dunn for Andruw Jones. Neither of you are Braves or Reds fans, so no homerism here. Who gets the better of the deal if that trade were to go through? Hammer away.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Adam Dunn has such tremendous pure power. He walks alot, his OBP is high... but he's batting .240. Andruw Jones is a career .270 hitter, which is nothing special, but he also had 30 homers and 100 RBI's, in addition to being the best Centerfielder in Baseball. Dunn plays a bunch of positions mediocrely, with a lower average... with admittedly, alot more power. I'll take Jones... as a Yankee fan, defense in Center is showing it's value.

Husker, go.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    It would be the Reds. Andruw Jones has more homeruns in his career than Adam Dunn and the greatest thing about Jones is that he's working on striking out less. Andruw has 67 compared to Dunn's 104 this year.

Tough call...but I will have to give it to Hammer.

Congrats, the moment is yours.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yet again, another last word about rookies. Richie Hill on the Cubs has such a nasty, nasty curveball. He's gonna be a real good pitcher in this league, whether it be as a reliever or starter. What a nasty curve.

That's gonna do it folks, thanks for tuning in tonight. We're on a 46 1/2 hour break and will see you...Friday. Be sure to discuss this show in the Show Comments thread in the Horn forum.

Hoooorn!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456