Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn: MLB Edition (7-27)

Rookie ERA
    Buy. With good run support, virtually any pitcher could get 300 wins. 3000Ks though is more a mark of how good a pitcher is. Maddux has dominated his entire career and joined an elite club last night. It is a very impressive feat.

+++

Husker, close this topic, please.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'm selling. Striking out a lot of guys is one thing but when you come out and pitch 6-7 innings like Maddux has done throughout his career, his 300 wins is more impressive. He is the most dominant player in today's game and this very well may be the last time we'll see a guy that gets 300 wins and 3000 Ks for a while.

++++

Next up: the Big Unit, absolutely dominating the Twins yesterday. 8 IP, 2 Hits, 11 Strikeouts! Guys, buy or sell RJ being over the hump. Around the Horn to Guybrush.

Rookie ERA
    Buy. The guy is 41 years old. He has been doing alright this year, but has shown signs of decline. He has struggled a lot in a few starts. Id say he has another year or two of use, but after that Id say he is done

+++

Husker?

AAA ERA
    I'm going to buy. The Yankees are a game and a half behind the Boston Red SAUX and if the Yankees offense can hit effectively and drive in runs, he should win at least 15-16 games this year. Most teams that the Yankees will face are below .500 so it should be a cakewalk from here on out.

++++

Ghetto, go-time.

MLB ERA
    Sell. The guy is 41. His k/9 has dropped, his k/bb has highered, and opponents are hitting .258 against this guy. He's given up 21 HR's this year, the highest he's given up in 2 years, and the season isn't even over yet. he's given up about a hit an inning, which isn't really randy johnson.

He isn't the dominating pitcher he was 5-6 years ago. He's a competitor, so he's gunna play for another 1-2 seasons, but his numbers are going to decline drasticly.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

++++

Hammer away.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Buy. He said when the heat came, he'd be around, and he proved it last night. His K/9 is still over 8.5, his K/BB isn't quite what it was last year, but it's better than his 2002 season, where he was 24-5, so while he is declining, he's still an upper echelon pitcher. And don't tell me it's not intimidating to see him standing out there on the mound, 6'10", ugly human being. He was throwing 95 last night, which isn't Randy-like, but its still upper echelon. Any team in the league will take him any night. And his record at home is 3.30, and he's 8-2. Come October, that's where he'll pitch most the time. I'm not worried.

++++

Next up: the Houston Colt .45s, otherwise known as the Astros. They've won 9 outta 10, are 2 games out of the WC. Buy or sell the 'stros repeating last year and making the playoffs as the WC. Around the Horn to Husker.

AAA ERA
    Oh boy, I'm selling. If the Astros want to contend for a wildcard birth, they need to do some trades but I don't believe that will happen. Who knows? There may be a guy who has Carlos Beltran-esque in him and can make a run at it but for now, I'm selling.

+++

Ghetto?

MLB ERA
    Buy. 2.0 games out, washington on the decline, cubs hurt as usual. The rocket is on fire and so is RoyO (thats what they're calling him here in texas). Plus with a lights-out closer in Lidge, you have a pretty solid staff going. Look for houston to make some more runs here in the comming weeks and taking over the wildcard spot.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast