Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay classy, fans.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Down Stay classy, fans.

Scott Cousins has been receiving death threats.. death threats. I mean, in leiu of a fan recently being nearly beaten to death, this is incredibly classy. And you can say whatever you want about Sabean's comments, I'm just pointing out the snippets at the end of the article. Disgusting.

Cousins, who has received death threats because of the play, didn't want to comment on the situation any further. "I've said my piece," Cousins said. "I feel horrible for Posey. The aftermath of this has not been fun."
    It certainly hasn't. Death threats aren't a joke, and no one wants to become "famous" for hurting a player that's beloved by fans and players alike.
    Sabean Tears Into Cousins for Posey Injury | NBC Bay Area
    Last edited by Kingdom; 06-03-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Stay classy, fans.

It is disgusting and Sabean's comments only fuel the fire. I am embarrassed to be a Giants fan right now. I bet you anything that the people sending death threats are people that were screaming for justice in the Bryan Stow attack. Fucking pathetic!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was thinking the same thing. Hypocritical scum.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ted

Banned
    Rookie ERA

This sort of stuff seems to be increasing this year. What happened to the day when fans respected the game of baseball and knew what the game was all about. Cousins was playing the game of baseball. That is all he was doing. Yes, he was playing hard nose ball but isn't that what the fans want? I bet you these same fans would be bitching at players if they thought they were not giving 100%. This is sad when a player is a playing the game he enjoys to play and plays it the way he was told to play and he has to deal with this sort of shit from some brainless fans.

MLB ERA

I understand the fans and Sabean's frustration seeing his star young player lose a season this early in his career, I really do, but it was a clean play. As far as I can tell, it wasn't even necessarily the hit that was the issue, it looked to me like the injury came from Posey having his foot planted facing the wrong direction (perpendicular to the way he was going to get knocked over). It's truly unfortunate, but for the fans and the GM to make this much of a stink over a clean play....absurd.

MLB ERA

it's at least understandable coming from fans (complaints, not death threats). Sabean needs to be the professional here, not another crybaby.

Rookie ERA

One of my biggest pet peeves in a catcher is those that don't block the plate.
    This has gotten completely over blown as far as the reaction to Cousins, the anguish over losing Posey is understandable, but reasoning is being thrown out the window due to the name involved, not the actual play.

Posey got himself set up awkwardly that is the bottom line, I have seen far worse collisions with nothing more than a red face on one or both players of embarrassment not injury. Posey is an awesome player but he is still young and he just didn't get his legs in a prime stance. If he had been set up properly Zambrano could have steam rolled him and he would have been fine. It's a split second thing for both parties.

As for the death threats there are nuts everywhere, Aaron received them just for being a black man in pursuit of a white man's record. Beautiful models and actresses get them just for being beautiful and on TV and movies. Whistleblowers receive them for doing the right thing and list goes on. It is very likely that the ones taking this to the extreme are not actual baseball fans they are nuts that pick the current thing to to go off about and get anonymously in the news.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sabean's reaction just reaffirms that the injury couldn't happen to a classier organization.

Completely unprofessional for a baseball exec to make comments like that. Sabean confirmed for unprofessional.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Logan Morrison re-tweeted some of the comments he got after he defended his teammate. Guess who's getting death threats now?

Humanity needs to re-evaluate it's self worth. Right now it's worth absolute shit.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not to defend the GM here, but if he needs to make comments like that, take it to Bud and those at the MLB front office. Taking it to the public does in fact make you look like the "crybaby".

Don't try to say that you are defending your team now either. That don't fly when your fans start making you and your organization look pretty bad by going above and beyond in there own attacks.

MLB ERA

Sabean is a douche and way to represent the world champions idiot. Kruk and Kuip were crying like little girls too (and they're former players). Guess what you're the world champs and teams are gonna play hard and want to beat you guys; that's the way it works. Learn how to handle winning. Good thing for these dipshits is the Giants have a manager that knows what's up.

MLB ERA

I'm on the fence on this issue(when it comes to the Cousins hit on Posey), I will give a detailed response when I get on my computer.

Cool story bro.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast