Thread: Good News for Baseball

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB Good News for Baseball

MLB and the MLB Players Association are meeting often and making progress toward a new agreement, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter). Heyman notes that the sides' lead negotiators, Rob Manfred of MLB and union chief Michael Weiner, are on good terms.

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement expires on December 11th, 2011, but players and owners began negotiating toward a new agreement months ago. Commissioner Bud Selig has said he's hoping negotiations go "thoughtfully, carefully and quietly" and at this point, it appears that he may get his wish.

As always, economic issues figure to be at the forefront of the discussions. The luxury tax, revenue sharing, and rules regarding team debt will no doubt surface during negotiations. The draft could also be significantly different going forward.
    Baseball is finally learning from the NFL, learning what not to do. I am glad meetings are happening and happening often because the last thing baseball needs is a labor dispute. I hope a new agreement can be met shortly after the World Series.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Good News for Baseball

NFL lock out, possible NBA lock out, possible MLB lock out. Fuckin' A. At least MLB seems to have a positive early direction as opposed to the NBA.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

From what I've read, there is a little chance that the MLB will come to a lock out.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    NFL lock out, possible NBA lock out, possible MLB lock out. Fuckin' A. At least MLB seems to have a positive early direction as opposed to the NBA.
    gary bettman is fuckin STOKED

MLB ERA

Baseball has had its share of labor problems. One thing you have to give Selig credit for is that he is willing to negotiate with the players and owners. He seems to be a very good listener.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon