Thread: Spring Training 2011

Rookie ERA

Spring Training 2011

I will be attending a few ST games in my area, is anyone on the left heading to AZ?

Schedule so far..
    Marlins @ Red Sox-Ft Myers-Mar. 5th
    Phillies @ Orioles-Sarasota-Mar.11th
    Blue Jays @ Tigers-Lakeland-Mar.12th

It'll be my first trip to the Red Sox venue, never had luck getting tix. The Orioles now play in the venue that the Reds vacated.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Spring Training 2011

Andy Sonnanstine: 5 home runs allowed today in 2 innings. Already in midseason form, I see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Carpenter and Boggs go down in the same game for the Red Birds. Nothing too serious but damn, give this team a break.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Andy Sonnanstine: 5 home runs allowed today in 2 innings. Already in midseason form, I see.
    Yea, apparently Joe has more faith in him than I.

I try not to put too much store in performances during ST, cause if it truly was an indicator Sean Rodriguez would break the regular season home run record every year.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hey, the Jays finally won.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves and Tigers are playing right now on ESPN with the new Sunday Night crew calling the game. So far so good Too bad I'm busy at work for a change! Spring weather is coming

Rookie ERA

Sox got their butts handed to them, Dice K, Wakefield and Bard all got hammered. Marlins won 11-2.

It's a nice park, but I read in the program they are opening an new one by the airport next season that will hold around 13, 000. Ths one was sold out at 7,195.

Here is a link to the photo page.
    Red Sox/Marlins

Rookie ERA

Went to see the Orioles again on Tues.(15th) they got knocked around by the Astros this time. Bergeson didn't look very sharp and Gregg was even worse. The O's managed to get 4 in the ninth to make it look a little better losing 14-8.

The transformation of Ed Smith Stadium just since I last saw it in Nov. is astounding. Here is a before and after.

Sarasota lost the Reds because they wouldn't renovate for them.

Looks like Maddon is changing his mind about using a catcher as lead-off, now the plan is platooning Zobrist & Upton during the regular season though JJ lead off again today. Jennings was sent down, looks like Fuld has a good shot at making the roster.

No surprise, Price will be the starter for the opener.

Hellickson left the game early yesterday against the Marlins, due to a blister, reports say he should still make his next start on Sunday. They played the Marlins again today and supposedly Manny ASKED to go on the road trip to Jupiter.

With some of the "hair styles", dreadlocks on Manny, hawk on Damon and mullet on Longo coming into spring training, Maddon suggested a team unity theme of "letting your hair down", might be the season of the shaggy Rays.

Rookie ERA

A week to go, can't wait. Looks like the Rays are just about set, the rotation looks like Price, Shields, Davis, Niemann and Hellickson. E. Johnson, SRod & Fuld appear to be the bench players.

Farnsworth had two scares this week, on Monday he hyperextended his left knee and yesterday tried to field a ball on his first pitch and somehow hit his right spike on the spot on the left knee he hurt........oh boy.

Jaso has been out since he was hit in the manhood last week, but Maddon says he will be ready for the opener.

I know it still exists, but for some reason I am always shocked when I hear a story about it, but at least Upton knows people have his back like last week when Maddon had a fan ejected from a game for yelling slurs at BJ. What makes me sadder is BJ says he hears it ALL the time. I know if I ever hear it when sitting in the outfield someone will get their head smacked with a scorebook.

Grapefruit League Spring Training 2011

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Fuld is going to make the team? Awesome!

Rookie ERA

^^^^ Looks that way, since they have sent all other bench OF possibles to the minors. 25 man roster not "formally announced" yet