Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: World Baseball Classic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    But the fact is that the Americans were heartless and sucked ass.
    Heartless? No. Sucked ass? Yes. I love how everyone tried to get us to watch this all important baseball tournament and to bring the world together. Then I switch it to Sportscenter right after the game to see some of the highlights from the game. What did the "world wide leader in sports" have as their lead-in story? Some dick named Hutchinson signing a deal with the Vikings! Then it was NIT basketball. And then it was Paul Taglibue retiring. How the **** is anyone supposed to be excited about it when it's like fifth story on the "world wide leader in sports"? It was a great game to watch and far more important(or supposedly) than a ****ing football player who is a dime a dozen and NIT basketball. What is this? 1968?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    They need to play the finals in another country next year, give it more of an atmosphere.

Cuba sounds good.
    Heh. No way.

I thought the venue in San Juan had more of an atmosphere.

All the games I saw were entertaining, but once the NCAA Tournament began. I didn't watch another minute of it. Definately need to move it to a different time of the season.

MLB ERA
    Props to Japan and Cuba; that was a very fun game to watch.

Is it just me or do a lot of those Cuban players have serious beer guts? No matter, they can hit the snot out of the ball.

I enjoyed the WBC.

MLB ERA
    I find it hard to believe that some baseball fans piss and moan about basketball, hockey and sometimes football being too long, yet we have a baseball season in which spring training starts in the end of January or first week in February and then runs through the last week in October now.

Add to this, we want MORE baseball in the offseason!? Gimme a break. I'd have a least a little bit more interest in this if it didn't go on for weeks prior to the regular season. Sorry, but I'm not going to apologize for not getting excited about international baseball.

Reefer, if you want to know why ESPN didn't lead off with the game, it's because America really didn't care about this. It may sound harsh, but the proof is in the puddin'.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Baseball is the greatest sport in the world. You can never have enough baseball.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch

Reefer, if you want to know why ESPN didn't lead off with the game, it's because America really didn't care about this. It may sound harsh, but the proof is in the puddin'.
    Well no shit Sherlock but they were all trying like hell to get us to watch this and to imply how important it was and then they show shit like NIT highlights and a ****ing left guard being traded first thing. ESPN is worldwide like I pointed out so it goes beyond Americans.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, up here right after the game, Sportscentre and Sportsnetnews both led off with highlights of Canada's WBC games, even BEFORE showing hockey highlights - really, it's almost never done up here and quite taboo not to start off with hockey highlights. I'm sure everywhere else - Japan, Korea, DR, PR, Cuba, etc. - also led off with the WBC. In the USA, ESPN obviously didn't want to lead off with WBC highlights because of how embarrassing the Americans' overall performance at the WBC was.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Maybe so Dirty. Good things canuck!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    It was a great game to watch and far more important(or supposedly) than a ****ing football player who is a dime a dozen and NIT basketball. What is this? 1968?
    Just to correct one thing, Hutchinson isn't a dime a dozen player. He, along with Walter Jones, won Shaun Alexander the MVP award. He'll probably end up in the hall of fame eventually. Carry on.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ichiro: 'The Best Part About Playing For My Country Was Not Playing For The Seattle Mariners'
    March 23, 2006 | Issue 42•12

SAN DIEGO—In an interview following Japan's 10-6 victory against Cuba in the World Baseball Classic championship game Monday, Ichiro Suzuki called the tournament a "great opportunity to represent anything besides the Seattle Mariners." "Playing alongside my countrymen on the world stage was nice, but the highlight of the event for me was not having to watch helplessly from the on-deck circle as [Seattle outfielder] Willie Bloomquist pops out for the fourth time in one game," said Ichiro, who has been contemplating a return to his non-Mariner roots since late 2003. "Honestly, I would have played for the Netherlands team if it meant 17 days away from the Mariners spring-training camp." Although he said that the legendary Sadaharu Oh did a fine job coaching Team Japan, Ichiro added that "next to Mike Hargrove, any idiot in a baseball cap would seem like a decent manager."

MLB ERA

Ow.

Wow...sounds like the little dickhead is unhappy.

AAA ERA
    Wow...looks like Ichiro isnt happy with Seattle...caught me by surprise.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Uhhhh ... I guess not everyone reads The Onion. It's satire, you two.

(Although he probably really isn't happy. Not like he'd say it though.)

MLB ERA
    Lmao!

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast