Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World Baseball Classic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Who cares. His parents are Dominican and he is a citizen of both countries. Let him play for his real nationality.
    Let him go live there then too. His REAL ****ry(which is far more important than Nationality) is the United States. His parents left their for a reason, people leave their Countries to come here for a reason and they should honor this Country when they have the chance.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Let him go live there then too.
    That is some shitty logic you got there.

He should honor his people, Dominicans. If the DR wins this Cup, do you know what will happen? It will be jubilation & chaos in that country. If USA wins this Cup, you know what will happen? No Americans will give a shit. Why should he honor America when he is Dominican?

oh yeah, i forgot that the Pujols kid is from the DR too

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I can see team USA getting poked to death here cause since the timing of this tournament also suggests our guys will be rather "rusty". Unless they do what players from other countries often do and play winter ball somewhere.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

A-Rod is American Citizen, but his heritage is Dominican, he should be able to honor his heritage without being called a traitor (to US).
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by aTrUeCUBsFaN
    A-Rod is American Citizen, but his heritage is Dominican, he should be able to honor his heritage without being called a traitor (to US).
    Exactly. I mean, if I was any good at baseball and I had the oppurtunity to honor my people.. I would do it. However, in Alex's case. It's a little different because when he was a teenager he tried out for the US National team. And now he's all grown up, he wants to switch the fence. So, say what you want. I don't think he is doing this for the right reasons, but I'm not going to yell at him for being a traitor (which he isn't).

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    That is some shitty logic you got there.

He should honor his people, Dominicans. If the DR wins this Cup, do you know what will happen? It will be jubilation & chaos in that country. If USA wins this Cup, you know what will happen? No Americans will give a shit. Why should he honor America when he is Dominican?
    His "people" are in THIS Country. His loyalties should be here, respect your heritage but there is a reason his family moved to this Country and he should realize that and if he considers himself Dominican and not American he should at least live in the DR in the offseason.

I don't care if no one here cares about this and people in the DR do, his reason was that he IS Dominican and he is not. I can't stand it when people care more about the Countries they willingly left(in his case never had to leave b/c he has always been here) then about the Country they wanted to live in.

He is a DR citizen only b/c his Parents were, he never lived there. He is an American and he is a traitor.

Exactly. I mean, if I was any good at baseball and I had the oppurtunity to honor my people
    Where are your people? Were you born here? Did you grow up here? I hate this attitude, my ancestry is Italian and irish and I couldn't care less about those Countries. Honoring my people? My people are here, they left those Countries to find better lives here and here is where my loyalties are and where every American citizen's loyalties should be especially ones making $25 mil a year when they wouldn't make $25 a year in his home country.

AAA ERA
    Well either way that A-Rod goes, he's going to alienate fans on the other side. So this is a decision he's got to make and live with the consequences....That being said, nyjunc, if your biggest gripe with A-Rod is that he might go and play for DR next spring, then he must be having a pretty damn good season with the Yanks.

Put things in perspective, this is not that big of a deal.

MLB ERA
    my ancestry is Italian and irish and I couldn't care less about those Countries.
    Wow. ****ing ridiculous.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    My Ancestry is Afican, Chinese, Hawaiian, Samoan, Scottish and German but if i had a chance to play for China I would. My Grandfather was born there and hes told me a lot about that country. Its a freaking baseball game guys. Its not like hes going to war or anything.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Wow. ****ing ridiculous.
    Why is that ridiculous? Should I be waving Italian and Irish flags around? I am AMERICAN, I am NOT Italian and/or Irish. If I had a chance to represent my Country in anything it would be the United States and nowhere else, I have no loyalty to Countries I have never even been to. My loyalty is here and ARod's loyalty should be here as well. I am completely insulted and quite honestly I will never look at the guy the same and it will be hard to root for him, I would be very happy if he was able to be traded but his $25 mil contract he gets in the US not the DR prevents him from being traded.

AAA ERA
    Its a freaking baseball game guys. Its not like hes going to war or anything.
    So if it was War you'd feel different? By his statements I think he'd fight for the DR if it was a War, he is after all "Dominican" despite having been born and grown up in the United States.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldnt feel different but im trying to put this in perspective that this shouldnt be a that big of deal and there could be worse situations for some like this. I think this is getting blown out of context.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I am NOT Italian and/or Irish.
    Yes you are.

Your incredible lack of respect for you heritage and ancestory is what is ridiculous.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Yes you are.

Your incredible lack of respect for you heritage and ancestory is what is ridiculous.

NO I am not, I am American. My Grandparents and those before them were Italaina or Irish but I am not. Those Countries are my heritage, they are not my Country and I have no loyalty towards them.

I wouldnt feel different but im trying to put this in perspective that this shouldnt be a that big of deal and there could be worse situations for some like this. I think this is getting blown out of context.
    I understand and I don't mean to blow this out of proportion but it's how I feel, I feel like it's a slap in the face.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast