Thread: MLBer Accused in Shooting

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Orioles MLBer Accused in Shooting

Police: Baltimore Orioles pitcher Alfredo Simon main suspect in fatal shooting - ESPN

Police say Baltimore Orioles pitcher Alfredo Simon is the main suspect in the fatal shooting of a man in the Dominican Republic.

Dominican police said in a statement Sunday they believe Simon shot and killed 25-year-old Michel Castillo Almonte and wounded his 17-year-old brother during a New Year's Eve dispute in the northeast coastal town of Luperon.
    Bummer for O's fans as Simon showed signs of brilliance last year but looks like he might be in a huge heap of shit! That must have been one hell of a New Year's party!! It will interesting to see where it goes from here.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: MLBer Accused in Shooting

Bring back the Baltimore Bullets.

MLB ERA

Wow. This is not good. Hopefully, he'll get his life straightened out.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Alfredo Simon told reporters in the Dominican Republic that the man he shot on New Year's Eve was his friend and that it was an accident.
    "It wasn't a thing like we began arguing and I started shooting," Simon said. "It was some accident; it happened by accident. That's why I came here -- to open my soul." That might not help much. Michel Esteban Castillo is still dead and his brother Starlin is still gravely wounded. Dominican authorities are reportedly seeking a three-month incarceration for the O's reliever so that the case can be more widely investigated. That would obviously put him out for spring training and a guilty verdict could mean 30 years in jail.
    I accidentally shot my friend to death and wounded another on my birthday and got a slap on the wrist so the same should happen to Alfredo.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That makes the both of you idiots for carrying a gun to a party.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Miguel Tejada is going to pay for high-powered lawyers to help free his friend Alfredo. Julio Lugo is expected to chip in as well. How sweet of them.
    22gigantes: Tejada to bankroll former Giants player charged with manslaughter

Rookie ERA

Hmmm, yea, sorry Officer, I accidentally brought the wrong pair of pants that just HAPPENED to have a gun in them. I accientally pulled the gun out, accidentally started messing with it, it accidently went off and my friend just accidentally was in front of it at the time. You know, if he hadn't died no one would have had to be bothered, so really in the end it's his fault. I wouldn't be surprised if some lame brain jury actually awarded him damages for wasting his time by putting him on trial.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Alfredo Simon has been denied bail in the Domincan.
    Simon is being held in the shooting death of Michel Esteban Castillo and will probably remain in police custody until the case goes to trial. He has witnesses lined up that will testify on his behalf, but there are also witnesses willing to testify against him. Spring training is an afterthought.
    Good to hear the Dominican denies people bail.

Rookie ERA

Spring training is an afterthought.
    Yea, I would guess so.