Thread: One thing is for certain

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB One thing is for certain

Baseball is no longer hurting economically. This short offseason has been filled with ridiculous signings one after another, and for marginal talent. John Buck, Jorge de la Rosa, Juan Uribe, Miguel Tejada, Aubrey Huff and Tulo's unnecessary extension are all signs that the huge contracts are back and look like they are going to be around for a long time. Its quite amazing how teams are overpaying so early in the offseason when they don't have to. Next thing you know Kevin Correia will make $5 million and Eric Chavez will make $8 million. Things have just been nuts in a very short period of time.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: One thing is for certain

I'm just baffled that the Dodgers came up with the millions to sign Juan Uribe. I haven't seen anything like it since Homer Simpson solved the budget problem he created as Sanitation Commissioner. Ohh, I don't think I like where this is headed.

Homer: Okay, before I show you, who wants to guess how I got the money?
    Bart: Dealing drugs?
    Lisa: Drugs?
    Marge: I'll have to say drugs too
    Homer: Close, but you're way off.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: One thing is for certain

What I find interesting is that it's not just the Yanks, and Sox handing out these deals. Colorado, mofo's divorce plagued Dodgers, and others are spending money, and spending a lot of it. Minnesota was on the verge of the axe, and now they got a nice new stadium, and are spending money on foreign players rights.

Things may get crazy this off-season.