Thread: Hall of Fame Ballot -- 2011

MLB ERA

MLB Hall of Fame Ballot -- 2011

Rafael Palmiero and Juan Gonzalez are on the ballot for the first time. Here is a story: Rafael Palmeiro, Juan Gonzalez on MLB Hall of Fame ballot for first time - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN
    The complete ballot: Roberto Alomar, Carlos Baerga, Jeff Bagwell, Harold Baines, Bert Blyleven, Bret Boone, Kevin Brown, John Franco, Juan Gonzalez, Marquis Grissom, Lenny Harris, Bobby Higginson, Charles Johnson, Barry Larkin, Al Leiter, Edgar Martinez, Tino Martinez, Don Mattingly, Fred McGriff, Mark McGwire, Raul Mondesi, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, John Olerud, Rafael Palmeiro, Dave Parker, Tim Raines, Kirk Rueter, Benito Santiago, Lee Smith, B.J. Surhoff, Alan Trammell, Larry Walker.
    Who gets in this season?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Hall of Fame Ballot -- 2011

The only one I would be irate if not voted in would be Alomar. He was the best second baseman I saw in my short 29 years on this earth. Blyleven might finally get in but could care less. I have never viewed him as a HOFer.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Gee, I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't vote Rafael Palmeiro into the Hall of Fame. What's the big deal over some tainted supplements?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I saw a FanGraphs article which argued that Kevin Brown belongs in the Hall of Fame. That got me wondering which cap would he even wear? He spent his career mostly with Texas (when he wasn't yet an ace) and L.A. (for which he was largely a disappointment). Florida Marlins for winning an ERA title and a World Series ring, despite going 0-2 in the World Series for them? Padres?

Edit: Screw it. He's a Dodger since his real legacy is the albatross contract he received.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 12-06-2010 at 04:56 AM.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Kevin Brown definitely does not belong in the HOF. Did anyone ever think they were in the presence of greatness when he pitched? Didn't think so.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think the wall he punched thought it was in the presence of a psycho.

I'm game for Robby Alomar, perhaps Jeff Bagwell, and have no problem with Dale Murphy or Mark McGwire. But I agree with Reefer, I think Alomar should be the only sure fire one and he should have been voted in last year. I think the writers took off the field things into account too much. Or maybe the spitting on the ump thing, but I hope not.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

would robby be the first guy in the hall of fame with aids? and thusly... can we call it robby alomar disease from now on?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

R.A.D. for short.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The HOF announcement will be today at 2ET

MLB ERA

If Blyleven gets the nod this year, my wife and I will be in Cooperstown for his induction.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon