Thread: Yahoo Answers for the lulz

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB Yahoo Answers for the lulz

Was the swing-and-a-miss strike always with baseball since the beginning or was it adopted by MLB in 1957? - Yahoo! Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
    It was adopted in 1957. Before then, everyone just thought, "oh, he made an effort to hit the ball, let's give him another chance." But then in one game in 1957, Gil McDougald of the Yankees swung at a ball and missed and Rocky Colavito of the Indians screamed to the umpires, "Wait, that should be an out." The umps responded with, "But he tried," to which Colavito said, "But that's stupid, it's his fault he missed."

That very moment, Rocky Colavito not only became the Indians captain, but changes baseball forever until 1976, when Davey Johnson asked the rule for no swing-and-a-miss strikes was reinstated, which the league granted for four days until they realized there was no reason to listen to Davey Johnson.
    I also enjoyed Fozzy's answer.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Yahoo Answers for the lulz

which the league granted for four days until they realized there was no reason to listen to Davey Johnson.
    If he was here, I'd give him +1 rep, so you get luck out with it instead mofo.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Yahoo Answers for the lulz

Thanks, but I can't take any credit for "Ryan Howard". I just shared this for the lulz.