Thread: Dr. Dibble and The Women

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB Dr. Dibble and The Women

"Those ladies right behind there, they haven't stopped talking the whole game," Rob Dibble said in the sixth inning of Wednesday night's Nats broadcast. "They have some conversation going on. Right here," he said, circling the offenders. "There must be a sale tomorrow going on here or something....Their husbands are going man, don't bring your wife next time."

"All right Bob, now they're back there, they're eating ice cream and talking at the same time," Dibble noted in the top of the eighth.

"I just got an e-mail that said there's a lot of women who come to the games -- while their husbands are the ones at home -- because they love this game," Carpenter noted, briefly touching base with the 21st century. "Tread carefully, Mr. Dibble."

"My wife loves to come to the game, but they're right there, still talking," Dibble countered.

"Well, better there than the two seats behind you on an airplane on a five-hour flight," Carpenter said.

"Yeah, that's true," Dibble agreed.

"I was just thinking, those women, there's a new series Real Housewives of D.C. that just came out, he said. "Maybe they're filming an episode?"
    D.C. Sports Bog - Rob Dibble amazed by women at baseball game

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Dr. Dibble and The Women

BTW, I don't think what he said was super offensive. I think he was just poking fun at two people who were obviously more into their conversation than the game, not an attack on all women or a claim that no woman goes to a game to enjoy it. The author in the blog took it in a different light though...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Female sports fans should all be like the young Sheryl Yoast (Hayden Panettiere) from Remember the Titans.

Rookie ERA

Ron should sit near me at games so he could see all the cluless men on their cells, drinkng themselves into a stupor or talking so much they have to ask me every 5 minutes what just happened, who scored, who got the put out and so forth. One of the best incidents was this guy that kept asking me about every other play and finally the lady (wife/GF?) slapped the back of his head and yelled if you would watch the game you wouldn't need to ask her.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, or the business types who are there to talk or the friends more interested in their next beer and food run. It happens with both of the sexes.