Thread: Lou Piniella - is he stupid or what?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Lou Piniella - is he stupid or what?

Casey Fossum is the Devil Rays' scheduled starter for Wednesday's game against the White Sox, but he won't take the hill until the third inning. That's because manager Lou Piniella is sick of his bullpen blowing leads late in games and plans on having a reliever pitch the game's first two frames then bringing in his starter, reports the St. Petersburg Times. "Starting (Wednesday). I'll bring in whatever reliever I feel like starting the game with, and I'll bring my starter in in the third inning and we'll play nine innings of baseball that way. I'm serious," Piniella told the paper. He hasn't announced which reliever will start Wednesday's game.
    I reckon that it's a good thing Lou Piniella isn't managing in the NL or he might try to have his pitcher bat cleanup to jump start his team. Stupid guy.

Well, with the way the Devil Dogs have been playing, this can be given a shot.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I think he wants to get fired.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What's next for Lou? Order his pitching staff to be position players and have Carl Crawford take the mound? Tell Don Zimmer to get off his arse and be the special 2nd base coach (be sure to duck on line drives to 2nd!) and make the hot dog, peanut, beer and cotton candy guys be his regular assistant coaches?

Maybe he can bring back Luis Sojo.

MLB ERA
    What else can he do. His team SUCKS!

If I was manager of a team like that, I would do different things just to see if they worked. It would be cool to try out new things like that. Be adventurous!
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

I'd have Rocco Baldelli pitch. He threw out his shoulder from the OF...had to have Tommy John..wonder how he can pitch.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    I'd have Rocco Baldelli pitch. He threw out his shoulder from the OF...had to have Tommy John..wonder how he can pitch.
    Exactly. Stuff like that.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Toby Hall is going to run for Mayor.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I reckon that it's a good thing Lou Piniella isn't managing in the NL or he might try to have his pitcher bat cleanup to jump start his team. Stupid guy.
    Well Lou was contemplating that over the weekend in Minneapolis. I am not suprised that he did that. What does Lou have to lose? If the experiment fails, the Rays have another loss in the loss column. If it works, it's a great move by Lou. At least, Lou is doing something to win a game instead of sitting on his hands.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I don't believe this will work. He's in a division that's pretty damn tough and for him to do something like this may hurt the future of the ball club. Pinella's staff is very young and not very good but do you see those teams in the majors that are in last place considering have their relievers be starters and vise versa?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    all i have to say is good luck

Actually not that bad of an idea.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Rookie ERA
    I think Lou Pinella is not a bad coach at all, I think he is a coaching genius. All it is is that his team is not that great.

He used to manage one of the best teams in Major League history. He did something different for once, and everybody is complaining about it. In my opinion that was a very brilliant idea.

The truth is, he didn't even do it. I watched a lil ESPN, and they were covering the game. Lou ended up deciding to start Fossum from the beginning. If Lou did do something like this, he deserves the right to. He's a genious and he's put many good seasons into this league. Just because none of you have heard of this type of move doesn't mean it's a stupid move. Yah, he's surely trying to get fired. If he wanted to leave, he could go ahead and resign. I don't see him leaving though, TB will probably be the last place he manages.