Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mark McGwire* admits steroid use

MLB ERA

Re: Mark McGwire* admits steroid use

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    No, while he was in Boston before he went to the Dodgers. I think he was clean in Cleveland. I never said for Manny's whole career...just during Boston. That it was ridiculous for Red Sox fans to think he only did it for the first time once he got to the Dodgers a few months later.
    Right, I must have missed the news where he got caught using steriods when he was in Boston.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

You miss a lot of things. I'm not surprised.

I never said he got caught. I said it was silly and foolish to think that was the first time he did them. It just happened to be the first time he was caught.
    Last edited by Providence A's; 02-21-2010 at 04:06 AM.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No, while he was in Boston before he went to the Dodgers. I think he was clean in Cleveland. I never said for Manny's whole career...just during Boston. That it was ridiculous for Red Sox fans to think he only did it for the first time once he got to the Dodgers a few months later.
    Fair enough. But nobody knows for sure when he last juiced prior to getting caught for trying to reverse the effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Right, I must have missed the news where he got caught using steriods when he was in Boston.
    Supposedly, Manny along with Big Papi were on the list of 104 players who tested positive for PED's during 2003 survey testing. The NY Times paid off somebody close to the situation to get their hands on that info.

MLB ERA

You miss a lot of things. I'm not surprised.

I never said he got caught. I said it was silly and foolish to think that was the first time he did them. It just happened to be the first time he was caught.
    Right, that makes sense, because he must have never gotten tested when he was in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Fair enough. But nobody knows for sure when he last juiced prior to getting caught for trying to reverse the effects.

Supposedly, Manny along with Big Papi were on the list of 104 players who tested positive for PED's during 2003 survey testing. The NY Times paid off somebody close to the situation to get their hands on that info.
    And the NY Times reported that Torre was supposed to get fired in 06.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345