View Poll Results: Would you be embarrassed to be on the DL as a player?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

1 33.33%
  • Maybe, On the Fence like Tiger Woods.

1 33.33%

Thread: Wacky Wednesday: David Wright

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wacky Wednesday: David Wright

Maybe I'm thinking differently about things. But do people find it weird that David Wright is embarrassed about being on DL? Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on this.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Wacky Wednesday: David Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Maybe I'm thinking differently about things. But do people find it weird that David Wright is embarrassed about being on DL? Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on this.

It depends on how you look at it. The thing is, it's not that he's "embarrassed to be on the DL" as literally as that sounds, it's that to him, as a star player, he should be on the field every day, every inning, doing everything to help the team win.

Wright is the kind of player who under no circumstances wants a day off. From the day of his debut until the day he was hit by Matt Cain, the Mets played 830 games. He started 815 of them, and pinch hit in 3 others. He has consistently fought managers, almost refusing to take days off.

He's the kind of player that if he can stand, he wants to be in the lineup. As a fan, that's something I LOVE to see, not something to find weird. The only reason I can see it being weird is because not all players have that personality. Wright comes off as the anti-Manny, giving everything he's got, trying to rush back from a CONCUSSION, even though the Mets season has no meaning left.

So, I mean, yes, it embarrasses him in the sense that he wanted to go his entire career without ever being on the DL. He wants to be out there playing for the Mets, doing what he can to help us win. That's why I believe Wright is just a special player, a franchise player, and someone who can NEVER leave this organization.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Wacky Wednesday: David Wright

No, uf you got an injury that forces you not to be able to play, than I have to problem with being on the DL. Players get hurt, it's just a part of the game. You try your best to avoid it, and play at your best even if a little knocked up, but if your hurt, take the DL stint, rebuild, and come back strong.