Thread: The Hardball Times Trade Deadline Analysis

MLB ERA

MLB The Hardball Times Trade Deadline Analysis

Applying the Guttridge-Wang trade model to this year’s deadline trades (Part 1) -- The Hardball Times

According to this trade evaluation model (and admittedly it's too early to know), 3 teams that seem to have made great trades may have given up way too much. Take a look. I don't totally understand the model, but I understand numbers, and the numbers this article puts forth are VERY intriguing...

MLB ERA

Re: The Hardball Times Trade Deadline Analysis

As the comments of the article repeat, the problem I have with the Guttridge-Wang model is that it's a straight long-term economic gain analysis, and tends to ignore that the goal is not necessarily to the win the most games, but to win the most championships.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    As the comments of the article repeat, the problem I have with the Guttridge-Wang model is that it's a straight long-term economic gain analysis, and tends to ignore that the goal is not necessarily to the win the most games, but to win the most championships.
    It's an interesting point, and like I said, I don't completely understand the model, but you're right, it doesn't seem to take into account playoff results...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They project Clayton Richard as a $10 million player. That's a ****ing riot.