Thread: Yankee Stadium II (1923 - 2008)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yankees Yankee Stadium II (1923 - 2008)

My father and I attended two games at Yankee Stadium II in June of 2006. I'm glad that we got to visit before it closed. Regardless of how you feel about the Yankees, you can't deny the historical nature of the team and this stadium.

Park accessibility (Parking/Public Transportation)
    We drove to the stadium on Saturday morning. It took us a little over 3 hours. Parking was plentiful and only cost $13. We stayed in NJ Saturday night and came back for the Sunday game. A-

Ticket Features (Lines to pick up Will Call, security etc...)
    I purchased the tickets online through the Yankees web site. They were $25 each (with all of the fees) for the upper tier seats. A-

Seating
    The only issues with the upper tier seats is that if you're on one side, then your view of that corner is obscured. For example we sat closer to the first base side for the Saturday game and we couldn't see the right field corner. We sat closer to the third base side for the Sunday game and we couldn't see the left field corner. B

Concourses (Lots of room, enough restrooms, things to do etc...)
    We had no issues with the concourses or bathrooms. Obviously, we had a little ways to walk due to the section we were in, but it was fine. Before the game we walked through Monument Park. We also got to see Haren and Loaiza throwing in the bullpen while we were there. A-

Concessions (Price, Variety, etc)
    I bought a souvenir magazine for $7 or something. I don't think we bought any food at the stadium, maybe just a drink. We ate in NJ for dinner that night at the Cheesecake Factory. B+

Joy to watch game (Obnoxious fans?, loyal fans, Loud or quiet)
    We really enjoyed the game. I don't remember anything obnoxious regarding the fans. I'd say there were many loyal fans there and they were into the game. The A's won both B+

Ease to Leave
    Walking out of the stadium was fine, but getting out of there in the jeep was a *****. Traffic was disastrous. It was worse on Sunday when we were driving home. I think it took us an extra hour and half to two hours due to all of the traffic. D

Historical Factor
    I don't think much needs to be said here. A

Things to do in the area
    We didn't do anything around the stadium, but there are many things to do in NYC (obviously) and we found some stuff to do in NJ the night we were there. B

Overall Experience

Despite the huge negative mark for the "Ease to Leave" section, I still give it an A- overall. One of the best stadiums for many reasons.

MLB ERA

Re: Yankee Stadium II (1923 - 2008)

more pics:

It was Pokemon Day at the stadium on Saturday. I guess they designed a promo just for GF

Haren bullpen session

Mickey Mantle monument

I think that is Zito throwing. I could be mistaken. I don't care to look right now.

The area YS is in sucks balls to be in not on game-day, but on game-day, police presence is through the roof. Also, if you drive, what you do is you park in Woodlawn and take the 4 train down. Parking there is free.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

well, considering we were used to paying $30-$40 at Fenway and Foxboro for parking, $13 was perfectly acceptable lol.