Thread: S3F Stadium Reviews

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant S3F Stadium Reviews

Mission Opening Statement:

This subforum has been created so that you can share your experiences of visiting the MLB stadiums of yesteryear and today.

To make your review as helpful as possible, here are some suggestions of things to consider to include:

• Describe where you were able to sit in the stadium. Could you see the action fine? How were the views overally? Was it a good value for the ticket price? etc.
    • How was the ballpark food? Anything that someone must absolutely try (or avoid)? What about the prices?
    • How is the parking situation around the stadium? Are there any tricks the locals know, like maybe a shuttle to the stadium from a cheap parking lot a ways away from the stadium?
    • What do you do after the game? Are there any great spots that the locals head off the game?
    • If you have any pictures you can share from your trip to bring the review to life, that would be great too.

Obviously you can include whatever you like in your review. But please, create a thread for your review as opposed to having one thread for reviews of a particular stadium. As helpful as this is to others who might consider going to that stadium if they have a chance, it is also about your experience. Perhaps you didn't have a great time but maybe someone a bit more familiar with the stadium could help you out with the info you need for the next time you return.

Also, there is a stadium review prefix to use. Happy reviewing.

To help make the reviews consistent try to (not required of course) to use the outline provided below.
    Last edited by cjkalt; 06-17-2009 at 09:40 PM.

MLB ERA

Re: S3F Stadium Reviews

How to make reviews consistent?

So as I was sitting at Nationals Park for the 2nd straight day I thought about how LJ wrote that nice piece on Citi Field, and figured I should do the same on what is just a beautiful park then the light bulb hit. Let's get a S3F Baseball Stadium Review List going. Cause I will eventually get to all 30 but I want know what I'm getting into.

Feel free to write a general overview of the park but then grade (A-F scale) the following features (along with commentary if u want)

• Park accesibility (Parking/Public Transportation)
    • Ticket Features (Lines to pick up Will Call, security etc...)
    • Seating
    • Concourses (Lots of room, enough restrooms, things to do etc...)
    • Concessions (Price, Variety, etc)
    • Joy to watch game (Obnoxious fans?, loyal fans, Loud or quiet)
    • Ease to Leave
    • Historical Factor
    • Overall Experience

EXTRA: Give information on stuff to do in the area and so on (if applicable). That's what I plan on doing when I do mine anyway. Any information that you feel would/could be helpful to people that may want to visit there.

Thank you Prov for this.

I can do a bunch of them but I figured I'd make a list and then people can take the stadiums they've been to (We can even rate old ones (Kingdome, Shea etc...)) and maybe get a top 10 S3F recommended stadiums.

So if you can do a team post below and I'll modify the list as we go (Maybe we can get multiple takes on some of them too)

Red Sox- cjkalt, Prov A's
    Yankees (New)- Browntown
    Yankees (Old)- cjkalt, Prov A's
    Tampa Bay-
    Toronto- Foster
    Baltimore

Cleveland-
    Chicago (A)-
    Detroit-
    Kansas City-
    Minnesota-

LAA-
    Oakland- Prov A's
    Seattle- Porter99
    Texas

Mets (New)- ljshorty89
    Mets (Old)- cjkalt, Prov A's, ljshorty89
    Phillies-
    Braves- DravenX
    Nationals- cjkalt
    Marlins-

Cubs- General
    Brewers-
    Cardinals-
    Pirates-
    Astros-
    Reds-

LAD-
    SF- GiantsFanatic
    Arizona-
    San Diego- HollywoodLeo
    Colorado- RoxFan9

MAKE SURE YOU POST AN INDIVIDUAL THREAD FOR YOUR REVIEW AND NOT ATTACH IT ONTO HERE!!!
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Twins Re: S3F Stadium Reviews -- Metrodome

• Park accesibility (Parking/Public Transportation) Municipal lots and ramps are plentiful within easy walking distance. It is on the commuter train line as well as many busses.
    • Ticket Features (Lines to pick up Will Call, security etc...) -- I got my tickets at the Twins' pro shop the day before. I have also bought tickets at the ballpark and online. All are easy to do and quick.
    • Seating -- some seats have obstructed views of part of the ballpark. The seating is better for football than baseball and the seats are pretty tight.
    • Concourses (Lots of room, enough restrooms, things to do etc...) -- Concourses are wide enough to accomodate the fans nicely. There are plenty of restrooms available.
    • Concessions (Price, Variety, etc) -- not a bad value, but I did not buy much this time.
    • Joy to watch game (Obnoxious fans?, loyal fans, Loud or quiet) -- Fans are pretty polite and good to sit near.
    • Ease to Leave -- as above, fans are accomodating and willing to help out if a person has difficulty getting up and down the stairs. They are not easy to walk at times.
    • Historical Factor -- There are banners for all of the members of the Twins' Hall of Fame on the back wall of the dome. It must be pretty imposing to see Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew, Tony Oliva, Kirby Puckett, Kent Hrbek and Jackie Robinson looking down at you from that far away.
    • Overall Experience -- the staff does an excellent job of taking care of your needs and answering questions. The team has a lot of pride.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon