Thread: Dodger Stadium

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant Dodger Stadium

Dodger Stadium

Park accesibility (Parking/Public Transportation)
    - Having its own parking lot means you won't have to go out of your way to find parking. Freeway congestion is a problem, but if you can avoid rush hour, getting to the stadium is not that bad, since it's isolated from the busy parts of the city. As for Public Transportation? Gone. The budget drained city didn't bring back the Dodgers Trolley bus, which fans could ride to the stadium for free. And of course the McCourts refused to pay to rescue it. Grade C

Ticket Features- Prices range from $11 nosebleeds on gameday ($9 in advance) to $130 field boxes, and then there are the luxury seats and the dugout club for business CEO's and bigwig types funding Andruw Jones' salary. And if you don't care for your arteries, a ticket in the right field pavillion offers all the nachos, sodas, hotdogs you can eat for $30. ($25 in advance)A-

Seating- The seats are decades old, worn down a bit, but they're plenty wide enough and comfortable. You can see the game fairly well even from the nosebleed section. Grade B+

Concessions (Price, Variety, etc)- Carl's Jr., Panda Express, South Street Cheesesteaks, whatever. I'm not big on Farmer John (Dodger) Dogs. As for the prices, judge for yourself:
    VIN SCULLY IS MY HOMEBOY: O'Malley, Brooklyn Pizza, Hot Dog Prices
    Grade C

Joy to watch game (Obnoxious fans?, loyal fans, Loud or quiet)
    - It depends who you sit next to. I sat next to adults and adults with kids. Saber, if I recall correctly, sat next to cholos who were giving non-cholos crap about something. People will be loud when the moment calls for it, and they get quiet if something like Kaz Ishii taking a line drive to the head happens.
    Grade B-

Ease to Leave- As for getting out of the stadium in your car, use your instincts. It's probably not much different from other stadium parking lots.

Historical Factor- Dodger Stadium still looks great after nearly 50 years it was built. The outside walls could use a makeover, but who's watching from the outside? This was where Gibson's home run, Koufax's perfect game, and Milton Bradley going apeshit all happened.
    Grade A

Overall Experience- It's a great place to watch a game, but more so in the evening. It gets really hot during day games in the summer. You just hope the Dodgers win the game to take your mind off the heat. Grade A-

Re: Dodger Stadium

How much is parking?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic