Thread: Coors Field

Rookie ERA

Baseball Slant Coors Field

Coors Field

Parking/Public Transportation: A-/B+: There are many way to get to Coors Field, but I have only used two of these ways. I have driven and used Stadium Lot Parking and I have taken the RTD.I enjoy driving to the park and the park is pretty accessible from the north, south, east and west.There are playing of places to park either on the lots provided: Lot A($15), and Lot B($10). There is also plenty off site parking with metered parking that I do not recommend. The stadium Lots open 2 1/2 hours before game time and you may access you parking pass at any ticket window. If you do chose to park off site they do provide a shuttle from two locations(The 16th Street mall & Broadway/Lincoln Center). For those with disabilities they also have 200 parking spots available for your conveinience.

Tickets:A+ The tickets at Coors Field are very reasonably priced. The range from $55 down to $4. They also have mini plans of 15 games & 25 games as well as the full season plan. You can order tickets online, print them out option, at the ticket windows, Pick tickets up at will call. Coors also has The Power Ticket which gets you an admission to the game and also $10 worth of concessions. The most popular ticket plan has to be the Coca Cola Valu Packs(This includes: 4 tickets, 4 cokes, 4 hot dogs,1 rockies magazine for the price of $49. This is only for Value games.

Seating: A: There is not really a bad seat in the house and the pricing is very affordable. My favorite seats are right behind the plate in the upper deck.

Concourses/Concessions
    : A: There is a lot of variety to get in the concourse area. One of my favorite places is the Blue Moon Brewing Co. @ Sandlot. The stadium also has a variety of different concessions for all types of tastes. From the Denver Cheese Steaks to the Nachos and Burritos to the ever popular Rocky Mountain Oysters you will also have something different to enjoy at Coors. There are also many bathroom facilities throughout Coors Field. Plenty of mens and womens bathrooms all with diaper changing stations and also several family bathrooms if you need that. There is also 4 elevators located throughout the park. If you are interested in Rockies merchandise The Dugout is your place. It has anything Rockies you want; from hats to jerseys, to keychains, beer bottle openers. Pretty much anything Rockies. The prices range from typical ballpark food prices to the more expensive at places like the Mountain ranch Bar & Grille and the Brewing Company.

Joy to watch the game: A+: I myself have never had a bad experience at Coors Field. Everyone is usually courteous to others ever when a few drinks get in them. Also for those that are going with younger people they do offer family sections which I have never sat before.

Ease To leave: B: The way this works is a little weird to me, but if you are planning to hang out in the stadium walking around then you can only use 2 gates to exit(gate A & D) stay open 1 hour after the game. The other gates close 30 minutes after. The parking Lots move at an okay pace leaving. I imagine if you leave a little early from the game you can get in and out rather quickly. Otherwise if you wait with the mob of exiter then you may have to wait a little to get back out on the road.

Historical Factor B: Well you can't beat the Rockies. Such a beautiful backdrop just about anywhere. This park is still rather new so it may not have the history of a Wrigley Field or Fenway park, but it is a very home friendly atmosphere at Coors Field that even the visitors like. Plus if you like offense then this is the park for you. Coors has been known as one of the most if not the most prolific hitters parks in the game today.

Overall Experience: A-: If you enjoy a pleasant atmosphere than you will enjoy Coors Field.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Coors Field

thanks for the review. this is on my list of stadiums that I'd like to visit in the somewhat near future. Colorado just seems like such a beautiful area, too.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Coors Field

I'm gonna try to make it down there for a game before I move back to MN.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.