Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manny suspended 50 games for using PEDs!!!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Manny suspended 50 games for using PEDs!!!

i just dont care. we accept it in football, but get all holier than thou about it in baseball?

he still belongs in the hall. Bonds Belongs, Arod belongs, Raffy belongs, Big mac belongs....
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    he still belongs in the hall. Bonds Belongs, Arod belongs, Raffy belongs, Big mac belongs....
    Amen

MLB ERA

Here is a story on this situation: Source: Ramirez's substance a sexual enhancer - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
    Manny's excuse was erectile disfunction, a common problem for steroid users.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'am still in owe of this. In the middle of the year, with his team leading the majors Manny goes down like Ricky Hatton.

I don't question the timing, and I won't question the situation till I have read all the facts.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but Bill Simmons wrote a pretty cool article here: Bill Simmons: Manny Ramirez's positive drug test makes the Sports Guy confront his worst nightmare - ESPN

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    But its not dumb to assume he was using when in Boston giving this news. Of course we need concrete proof but its not dumb to think given the facts we have now that he used in Boston. Why LA and not Boston? Makes no sense.
    It is dumb to ASSUME he was. You can question whether he was or wasn't, to which there will likely never be an answer. But to just assume that he's used in Boston....he must have also been using in Cleveland....and in High School...and in little league. It's just dumb to decide on your own with no knowledge of ANYTHING that Manny did use PED's in Boston.

On the test itself, it was a dumb move on his part. I agree with catman in that I totally buy that it was a prescription from a doctor. It's his fault, but at the same time, I can kinda understand not questioning the doctor. I mean, obviously, he should have, but the doctor knows he's a ball player, knows what kind of effect this could have, the doctor should have been smarter than this too.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's not even an athletic activity related PED, and he still gets hit with 50 games, while all the morons, paper trail evidence and all, named in the Mitchell Report got off clean. MLB's drug policy is a ****ing joke.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but Bill Simmons wrote a pretty cool article here: Bill Simmons: Manny Ramirez's positive drug test makes the Sports Guy confront his worst nightmare - ESPN
    I just posted it in the Bill Simmons thread in the Clubhouse lol.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    It is dumb to ASSUME he was. You can question whether he was or wasn't, to which there will likely never be an answer. But to just assume that he's used in Boston....he must have also been using in Cleveland....and in High School...and in little league. It's just dumb to decide on your own with no knowledge of ANYTHING that Manny did use PED's in Boston.
    Why is it dumb to assume he was using last year while in Boston? What was stopping him? What was stopping him in Cleveland? Its not dumb to assume any of these things because pandor's box has been opened. Nice leap in logic with the little league though. Nice touch

MLB ERA

Why is it dumb to assume he was using last year while in Boston? What was stopping him? What was stopping him in Cleveland? Its not dumb to assume any of these things because pandor's box has been opened. Nice leap in logic with the little league though. Nice touch
    My point is that it's fine to question whether he might have. But to just go ahead and ASSUME HE DID, is a completely DUMB leap. It's just not fair. Alex Cora played with Manny, maybe HE used PED's too...

No, it's stupid to just decide on your own, with no information, that he DID use steroids. Feel free to question whether he may have, but to assume he did is stupid if you ask me.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How is it DUMB though? Because its not fair? Who gives a shit? That's not an excuse. Its not dumb to think a cheater cheated just a year ago. Now you have to stretch your argument to guilt by association with Cora? That's just weak, shows you are reaching and has no place in this discussion. I don't see why I can question Manny but can't assume that he cheated in Boston. Makes no logical sense whatsoever. Is anyone saying for sure Manny cheated in Boston? No, not at all.

Why else would Manny be using a woman's fertility drug? To grow tits? Please dude, get real! Its dumb not to assume these things in this day and age with so many big names being outed. I have information that he cheated. He is being suspended for 50 games without an appeal because he cheated. Its not stupid to think he did these things as early as last year while in Boston. Not stupid in the least bit. The only thing stupid would be me saying that he did without a shadow of a doubt but given this new information, I think he did use them in Boston. Its not a huge leap in logic to think he did cheat using information to form an opinion.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How is it DUMB though? Because its not fair? Who gives a shit? That's not an excuse. Its not dumb to think a cheater cheated just a year ago. Now you have to stretch your argument to guilt by association with Cora? That's just weak, shows you are reaching and has no place in this discussion. I don't see why I can question Manny but can't assume that he cheated in Boston. Makes no logical sense whatsoever. Is anyone saying for sure Manny cheated in Boston? No, not at all.

Why else would Manny be using a woman's fertility drug? To grow tits? Please dude, get real! Its dumb not to assume these things in this day and age with so many big names being outed. I have information that he cheated. He is being suspended for 50 games without an appeal because he cheated. Its not stupid to think he did these things as early as last year while in Boston. Not stupid in the least bit. The only thing stupid would be me saying that he did without a shadow of a doubt but given this new information, I think he did use them in Boston. Its not a huge leap in logic to think he did cheat using information to form an opinion.
    No it shows that you can make assumptions that can end up getting shot down. Why assume something you don't know happened (the Boston years, Cleveland years, etc)? How is it DUMB that he stretched the assumption to Alex Cora from your basis of assuming that Manny did it? How is that reaching at all? You're only proving LJ and my point for us. Until there is hard concrete evidence put out there, your innocent until proven guilty (last time I checked it was), this isn't communism.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You know where assuming things went with him the last 2 retirements.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    No it shows that you can make assumptions that can end up getting shot down. Why assume something you don't know happened (the Boston years, Cleveland years, etc)? How is it DUMB that he stretched the assumption to Alex Cora from your basis of assuming that Manny did it? How is that reaching at all? You're only proving LJ and my point for us. Until there is hard concrete evidence put out there, your innocent until proven guilty (last time I checked it was), this isn't communism.
    Because that's what assumptions are!!! Things you don't know! If you know them, then they are facts! How is it dumb bringing up Cora? Because this isn't a guilt by association scenario! Cora has not been accused of anything! Totally stupid reach and has nothing to do with anything pertaining to Manny. If you honestly can;t see how that is reaching then I feel sorry for you because you are an idiot. Its not an assumption that Manny cheated, he did and he is paying for it. Why is it dumb to think he cheated last year? Because he is so honest and trustworthy? Communism? Are you ****ing serious?? Sorry for forming an opinion based on evidence that he is a cheater. Can't do that in a free society can I? You're right, he is innocent until proven guilty and that's why I haven't said for a fact that Manny did cheat in Boston. I assume his guilt and with reason, he is a cheater and I am definitely not stupid in thinking that!! This isn't hard to figure out!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

actually isnt what he is allegedly using supposed to PREVENT the man tits? Sounds like its something Arod shoulda used.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast