Thread: Classic World Series Footage

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Random Classic World Series Footage

Has anyone else watched this on MLB network?

Being my age (23) I've been alive for both of the Twins' World Series victories. Now, obviously I'm not able to remember anything of the '87 series, and not much of the '91 series either. Today was my opportunity to see the great feat my team accomplished twice so far.

The 1987 series was amazing. For both teams to win all the home games was pretty cool. For it to be the first indoor World Series was impressive as well. It gave me goosebumps watching all those Homer Hankies waving and the crowd thunderously yelling and screaming for the Twins win. Simply amazing.

The 1991 series was indescribable. I have always been a HUGE Chuck Knoblauch fan. He's the reason I play 2nd base. While diminutive in stature, this guy played like a giant. He won the RoY in 1991, and obviously playing in his first WS. Leading game 1 off with a hit, then stealing the base...gave me a feeling a couldn't describe. Near teary eyed I was as they won game 1.
    Fast forward to game 6. The historic game where Kirbyyyyyyyyyy Puckettttttttttttt robs the Braves of an extra base hit, and surely the lead, possibly the series. He then comes up with a HUGE, HUGE home run when you hear the famous "and we'll see you tomorrow night".

Game 7. Jack Morris pitches a 10 inning shutout. Gene Larkin scores Greg Gagne for the GW base hit. I was again teary eyed. Simply amazing.

This was my opportunity to watch a massive amount of highlights. I've seen the Pucket home run, and leaping catch. The Hrbek "pull him off the bag" tag. Gene Larkin's GW RBI single. But to watch all of these at once, in succession, gave me a feeling I cannot describe. My pride for the Twins' two WS Championships can be all that more now that I've seen everything that led up to both victories.

I just wanted to share this moment with you all. I figured many of you could understand the feeling that I have right now.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Classic World Series Footage

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    Has anyone else watched this on MLB network?

Being my age (23) I've been alive for both of the Twins' World Series victories. Now, obviously I'm not able to remember anything of the '87 series, and not much of the '91 series either. Today was my opportunity to see the great feat my team accomplished twice so far.

The 1987 series was amazing. For both teams to win all the home games was pretty cool. For it to be the first indoor World Series was impressive as well. It gave me goosebumps watching all those Homer Hankies waving and the crowd thunderously yelling and screaming for the Twins win. Simply amazing.

The 1991 series was indescribable. I have always been a HUGE Chuck Knoblauch fan. He's the reason I play 2nd base. While diminutive in stature, this guy played like a giant. He won the RoY in 1991, and obviously playing in his first WS. Leading game 1 off with a hit, then stealing the base...gave me a feeling a couldn't describe. Near teary eyed I was as they won game 1.
    Fast forward to game 6. The historic game where Kirbyyyyyyyyyy Puckettttttttttttt robs the Braves of an extra base hit, and surely the lead, possibly the series. He then comes up with a HUGE, HUGE home run when you hear the famous "and we'll see you tomorrow night".

Game 7. Jack Morris pitches a 10 inning shutout. Gene Larkin scores Greg Gagne for the GW base hit. I was again teary eyed. Simply amazing.

This was my opportunity to watch a massive amount of highlights. I've seen the Pucket home run, and leaping catch. The Hrbek "pull him off the bag" tag. Gene Larkin's GW RBI single. But to watch all of these at once, in succession, gave me a feeling I cannot describe. My pride for the Twins' two WS Championships can be all that more now that I've seen everything that led up to both victories.

I just wanted to share this moment with you all. I figured many of you could understand the feeling that I have right now.
    They do a nice job with the footage and everything. Ive seen most of the ones from the 60's.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA

I know I'm getting old when '87 and '91 are considered classic.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

bump