Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Question To Major League Baseball

Rookie ERA

Re: My Question To Major League Baseball

I think that if the media wasn't so caught up into having a Manny vs. Red Sox series and they focused more on the amazing, come-out-of-nowhere Cinderella Team and the team that plays in a major US city that hadn't won a major sports championship (big 4) in 25 years, the ratings would have been much better than how they turned out. The media can advertise the big teams all they want in the regular season, but in the playoffs, where anyone can get hot at anytime, no matter how good they seem to be (Cardinals with an 82-80 record?!) they need to cover EVERY team equally and make every possible series sound exciting. That would help get the ratings up.

And in my opinion, a World Series with 2 teams that hardly ever make the playoffs (Phi, TB) is a lot more exciting than 2 teams that make it virtually every year (BOS, LAD)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

LAD makes the playoffs every year? Ha! I wish. We were the same as the Phillies before the Phillies broke out of their dry spell last year.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    LAD makes the playoffs every year? Ha! I wish. We were the same as Philly before Philly won it all last year.
    Haha, my bad. I just checked Wikipedia and I could've sworn they made it more often than that... but you get my point.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Covering every team equally would go a long way for the sport. That way when a Cinderella team does make it, fans know who they are come playoff time instead of being left in the dark. Too bad that will never happen. Hopefully the MLB Network will help do this. MLB can do a lot to help their sport but instead are doing very little. Well, the MLB Network was a great start so they have done something.

And I agree with you Kiluckzle, if the media focused more on who was actually in the playoffs and World Series rathe rthan who isn't, people would be more inclined to watch.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    So what was the excuse for ARod before he became a Yankee? I guess that was the Seattle/Arlington Bias.

I can't stand the whining from opposing fans about the perceived NY bias.

Would it surprise anyone if Pujols used?
    He didn't receive the same hype before he put on the pinstripes.

Nice try, though
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I knew your mind shut down after you read "New York" in Leo's comment so thanks for proving it. If you want to go back and read it, Leo wrote about Pujols and why he didn;t get any face time saying "He doesn't play in New York and Boston." referring to the East Coast bias that according to you and only you doesn't exist.

No such thing as an East Coast bias in baseball so says the Yankee fan The rest of America somehow thinks otherwise and even the folks at ESPN who prolong this bias acknowledge it. Listen to the Mike Tirico and SVP Show and they admit it all the time! Micheal Wilbon shows his frustration on PTI during the baseball season. They are tired of it but yet do nothing to do about it. Its not just West Coast fans that "whine" about the obvious, its everyone who doesn't live in the north east. I live in the heartland and everyone will agree there is an East Coast bias in baseball. Not debatable and I'm not going to do so with an nonobjective Yankee homer who can only call people Yankee bashers when they disagree.

Short series have little to do with whether they get good ratings or not. Marketing has more to do with it. You know ratings are based on the individual games and not the series as a whole? Of course if the series did go to a Game 7, more people would watch that individual game but has no reflection on the series as a whole. Game 6, not so much as the ratings prove. Most clinching game gets the most ratings whether its a short series or not.

World Series television ratings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for missing the entire point of this thread and derailing it

You are great at focusing on details of posts that have nothing to do w/ the topic. Would it make your little mind happier if I mentioned Boston too? Would that somehow change the topic?

I know what leo wrote, I was talking about ARod. Did ARod ever play in Boston? NO! He did play in small markets of Seattle and Texas and was every bit as big of a star(I think bigger) as he's been in NY so that pokes holes in your whiny theory.

Who is winning all the WS'? Are West Coast teams doing it? When is the last time a WC team won it? 2002? before that? 1989? You have to look at things logically which I know you struggle to do. Do the Yanks and Sox get more attention? Sure but the 2 teams have won a heck of alot this decade. We aren't talking about 2 last place teams, how much media coverage have the Mets received? Not much since they rarely win. Why are the lakers the lead all the time? why is USC football always the biggest story? B/c these teams/programs WIN! Why was UCLA the pick by most experts to win it all last year? if the WC teams are good they get good press. To flip things, how much press did Philly get? They are on the East Coast, right? They did win the WS, right?

Short series has alot to do w/ ratings. The casual fan which brings in the ratings don't pay attention to a series until it gets to 6-7 games and it's not just the length but also about matchups. No one in the World cared about Philly-TB, it could have gone 9 games and wouldn't have gotten good ratings.

read your last line into the mirror. Your infatuation w/ me always causes you to get personal w/ me and attack me rather than read and absorb the posts and respond intelligently.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

Nice try, though
    He absolutely did and I believe he was even more hyped pre-Yankees b/c he wasn't exposed for the choker that he is in october. Had he come through in october then the hype would have gone through the roof but I think it's gone down since he came here and rightfully so b/c he's not nearly as great of a player now as I thought he was b/c of all his hype in Seattle and Texas. watching him every day allows you to see how overrated he has been.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post

Nice try, though
    yes he did. or nearly as much as. He had the notoriety and the coverage because he had the largest contract in baseball.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry rockin but Leo is right. Arod did not have near the attention in Texas or Seattle as he does in NY. You guys seem to have a short term memory. Yes he got attention for signing the largest contract but no where near what he had since the Arod to Boston rumors started. Then he signed with the Yankees and it has been nothing but Arod since, good and bad. This is all pointless really since Leo was talking about Pujols.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    You are great at focusing on details of posts that have nothing to do w/ the topic. Would it make your little mind happier if I mentioned Boston too? Would that somehow change the topic?

I know what leo wrote, I was talking about ARod. Did ARod ever play in Boston? NO! He did play in small markets of Seattle and Texas and was every bit as big of a star(I think bigger) as he's been in NY so that pokes holes in your whiny theory.

Who is winning all the WS'? Are West Coast teams doing it? When is the last time a WC team won it? 2002? before that? 1989? You have to look at things logically which I know you struggle to do. Do the Yanks and Sox get more attention? Sure but the 2 teams have won a heck of alot this decade. We aren't talking about 2 last place teams, how much media coverage have the Mets received? Not much since they rarely win. Why are the lakers the lead all the time? why is USC football always the biggest story? B/c these teams/programs WIN! Why was UCLA the pick by most experts to win it all last year? if the WC teams are good they get good press. To flip things, how much press did Philly get? They are on the East Coast, right? They did win the WS, right?

Short series has alot to do w/ ratings. The casual fan which brings in the ratings don't pay attention to a series until it gets to 6-7 games and it's not just the length but also about matchups. No one in the World cared about Philly-TB, it could have gone 9 games and wouldn't have gotten good ratings.

read your last line into the mirror. Your infatuation w/ me always causes you to get personal w/ me and attack me rather than read and absorb the posts and respond intelligently.
    If you know what Leo wrote then why are you talking about Arod?? He was talking about Pujols Your mind completely shut off when you read the words "New York" just like you do when I mention New York and Boston. You call me a Yankee basher because I hate how the media on focuses on two teams and that is the Yankees and Red Sox but you only read "Yankees" and can't differentiate me bashing the media or the Yankees as a team and its sad. I do not hate the Yankees one bit.

Why are you bringing up USC football and the Lakers?? That has nothing to do with the East Coast bias in BASEBALL which I have been saying all along and in which ESPN even admits exists. And you attack me for not reading and absorbing the posts intelligently? I attack you because you a such a homer its disgusting!!! I also attack you because of your hypocrisy andyou have zero objectiveness .Plus you have falsely called me a Yankee basher which couldn't be farther from the truth. You don't know what you are talking about.

I already proved its not about lengths of the series. You have a poitn about matchups and no one cared about TB/Philly because NO ONE MARKETED THE MATHCHUP!!! Kiluckzle hit the nail right on the head. Last year all the media talked about was a possible Manny vs Red Sox instead of the Rays and Phillies. When the media builds of that hype and its doesn;t happen, why would people watch? What did baseball do to promote the series?? That's the whole ****ing point!! Baseball does nothing to promote their sport!! That's why you missed the entire point of my thread and you had to go on some retarded pro-Yankees. pro-Arod rant! Its wasn't needed as we were talking about Pujols!!!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    yes he did. or nearly as much as. He had the notoriety and the coverage because he had the largest contract in baseball.
    True, he did get some extra attention in Texas.

Not as much as he did/does in NY, but more than we're used to for the rest of the league.

But look what it took. Signing that ridiculous contract.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    If you know what Leo wrote then why are you talking about Arod?? He was talking about Pujols Your mind completely shut off when you read the words "New York" just like you do when I mention New York and Boston. You call me a Yankee basher because I hate how the media on focuses on two teams and that is the Yankees and Red Sox but you only read "Yankees" and can't differentiate me bashing the media or the Yankees as a team and its sad. I do not hate the Yankees one bit.

Why are you bringing up USC football and the Lakers?? That has nothing to do with the East Coast bias in BASEBALL which I have been saying all along and in which ESPN even admits exists. And you attack me for not reading and absorbing the posts intelligently? I attack you because you a such a homer its disgusting!!! I also attack you because of your hypocrisy andyou have zero objectiveness .Plus you have falsely called me a Yankee basher which couldn't be farther from the truth. You don't know what you are talking about.

I already proved its not about lengths of the series. You have a poitn about matchups and no one cared about TB/Philly because NO ONE MARKETED THE MATHCHUP!!! Kiluckzle hit the nail right on the head. Last year all the media talked about was a possible Manny vs Red Sox instead of the Rays and Phillies. When the media builds of that hype and its doesn;t happen, why would people watch? What did baseball do to promote the series?? That's the whole ****ing point!! Baseball does nothing to promote their sport!! That's why you missed the entire point of my thread and you had to go on some retarded pro-Yankees. pro-Arod rant! Its wasn't needed as we were talking about Pujols!!!
    It started about Pujols saying he didn't play in NY or Boston I gave you a GREAT example of ARod. It is relevant to the discussion as are the examples of the lakers and USC to prove no East Coast bias exists. GOOD teams, storied prigrams get that coverage. it doesn''t matter where you are from but whiny WCers like yourself can't see the truth.

Yes you "proved" it's not about length Do you really believe the nonsense you spew? How is that the NBA's ratings have gone down this decade? No league does a better job of marketing their players than the NBA- why have ratings been down all decade?

You are a clown who is so threatened by me b/c I know more than you and you cannot see the facts b/c of it. Instead of being that way towards me take a step back and learn. You'll be better off doing that going forward instead of trying to attack me for things I know. Just go back and read your responses to me this entire thread, it's comedy.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Threatened by nyjunk and stupidity That is almost funnier than Dry's quote!!! Holy shit that is rich!! I don;t even live on the West Coast!! I live in Kentucky for christ's sake!! You don;t know shit and that's why I attack you!! If you ever provided facts that would be wonderful!! I'll welcome them with open arms but all I get is your nonobjective opinions. You didn't even get the point of Leo's post that you quoted. You thought he was talking about Arod!!! You can't even quote someone properly!! USC and the Lakers has NOTHING to do with the East Coast bias in BASEBALL!! You didn't even read the ratings of the WS or else you would know its not about the length of the series!! Those were actual facts! You're purely pathetic! Cannot believe you missed the entire point of my post. The only comedy in this entire thread is your failure to get past the words "New York". You are the Sean Hannity of baseball!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123