Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torre's Yankee Tell All Book

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees Torre's Yankee Tell All Book

Reports: Joe Torre book reveals bitter rift with New York Yankees - ESPN

This should a great read from a great manager. I always felt Joe was mistreated in NY and he proved the Yankees wrong by taking a weak Dodgers team to the second round of the playoffs while the Yankees stayed at home in October in their first year without Torre. Feb. 3rd is when it comes out so be prepared to pick up a copy.

AAA ERA

Re: Torre's Yankee Tell All Book

What did making the playoffs in an incredibly weak division w/ LA while the injured Yanks won more games and missed the playoffs in baseball's toughest division have to do w/ each other? I loved Joe and always appreciated him, I would have preferred he came back and I rooted for him and will continue to do so in LA BUT the Yanks did give him a chance when nobody else would have given him a job at that point, we had lost in the ALDS 3 straught years. One one looks at this objectively he can see there were reasons to let him go. Again, I would have brought him back but I understand why they made the move.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You're right nyjunc, it was sheer coincidence that when Joe left the Yankees missed the playoffs. Anyone who views this objectively knows it wasn't Torre's fault the Yankees lost in the first round three years straight. Joe went way above and beyond in his last year in NY and was rewarded with nothing. George and Cashman had more to do with the first round collapses as they were the one's doing all the shopping. And considering Je Torre has had an immediate impact everywhere he has gone, he wouldn't have had a problem finding a job. Yankees signed him and the rest is history. Objective minds see this.

Rookie ERA

Just someone else stirring up controversy to try and sell a book. Why can't people just move on with their lives?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    You're right nyjunc, it was sheer coincidence that when Joe left the Yankees missed the playoffs. Anyone who views this objectively knows it wasn't Torre's fault the Yankees lost in the first round three years straight. Joe went way above and beyond in his last year in NY and was rewarded with nothing. George and Cashman had more to do with the first round collapses as they were the one's doing all the shopping. And considering Je Torre has had an immediate impact everywhere he has gone, he wouldn't have had a problem finding a job. Yankees signed him and the rest is history. Objective minds see this.
    It wasn't a coincidence.

The Rays just decided to be good last year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Finally, Dry is right. It wasn't a coincidence, like I said!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    It wasn't a coincidence.

The Rays just decided to be good last year.
    I think all 30 teams would decide to be good if its all it takes.

I thought that the better team wins more games... so if Tampa and Boston were better teams that means the Yankees did worse without Torre
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Just someone else stirring up controversy to try and sell a book. Why can't people just move on with their lives?
    I have to disagree with you there. I don't think he's doing anything like that. As far as I can tell, he simply told it the way it was. And the way it was, was not as positive, kind, and polite as people think.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I for one want to know Torre's thoughts on how the Yankees went from dynasty to not. Joe Torre is an interesting character to me. Great manager, cancer survivor, etc.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's all Scott Brosius' fault for retiring.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA

Where in my quote did I say that? your obsession w/ me continues. Where did I blame Torre? I have always backed Torre, I simply stated there were reasons to let him go though I wouldn;t have let him go.

Do you want me to send you an autographed photo?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You followed me in here!! You were the one who brought up the Yankees losing three straight series and that it WAS a coincidence the Yankees didn't make it and the Dodgers did! You gave reasons why Joe should have been let go and I showed where the blame really should have gone.

And sure, send an autographed photo show I can see what stupidity looks like. Make sure to wear a UNC shirt with a Yankees hat.

AAA ERA

You followed me in here!! You were the one who brought up the Yankees losing three straight series and that it WAS a coincidence the Yankees didn't make it and the Dodgers did! You gave reasons why Joe should have been let go and I showed where the blame really should have gone.

And sure, send an autographed photo show I can see what stupidity looks like. Make sure to wear a UNC shirt with a Yankees hat.
    I understand you are in love w/ me and I make you swoon but please take a step back and read what I write very carefully. Please go back and read my post on this topic and if you are still having trouble let someone else who has better reading comprehension skills break it down for you. Thanks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No need, I read it and countered your points. I get it, you're dumb. You still followed me in here so who is obsessed with who? Still waiting for that picture. kisses

Product of the Boombap
    Rookie ERA

I'd be interested in reading the book, but I don't really see it containing anything most people didn't already know (i.e. The Boss was a pain to work for, A-Rod divided the dressing room, etc., etc..)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast